10.

Her knees buckled when she looked at him and took note of the fury present on his face, His eyes glowed red as he balled his hands in a fist, Arisa squeaked involuntarily, "I-I d-"

"Out" he growled, stepping slightly to the side to allow her to pass, his eyes narrowed, darkening dangerously, just challenging her to defy him.

She didn't know what to do, why did her presence anger him so much? Did they know each other? What despicable deed did she do to make him hate her so much? Questions just kept rushing through her mind as she stood there frozen in place. It didn't make sense that this man with such passionate expressive eyes made her body react so strongly to his presence, nothing about him was calm, he was the storm and as this processed, she realized how stupid it was of her to even face him.

He was breathing harshly, his shirt tightened along his firm chest when he inhaled making her mouth go dry and any thought that had been about to cross her mind, twisted and vanished into thin air, all that she could hear was the pounding of her heart, all she could feel was the way her body trembled, and all she could see was the God of man standing before her, his features hard as stone and his eyes staring back at her in rage.

Her dream came back full force those haunting dark eyes. His eyes.

Gulping Arisa walked forward, she passed him, feeling his body heat wrap around her and his alluring scent invading her senses, she heard him shuffle behind her, could feel him as he walked just a few steps back, her heart kept beating furiously.

They came to a cross in the hall and Arisa watched as he left from behind her and turned to their left, heading down the halls and entering his office without a word.

Arisa stood in the middle of the hall, picturing different scenarios of what would happen when she did what she had planned, she sighed, walking towards the door her heart in her mouth.

She knocked, rocking on the back of her heels, when she didn't hear anything from inside the office she slowly pushed the office door open and peeped in. The Alpha didn't so much as look at her as she pushed the door further and stepped inside timidly. When he continued to ignore her she cleared her throat.

"Alpha"

He closed the file he was looking at and met her gaze, she balled her hands into a fist to stop her body from reacting to his gaze, cursing her teenage hormones.

She took a step further into the office, regretting it instantly as his musk wafted into her lungs, she released a shaky breath.

"You have to help them"

The man dropped the thick files with a light thud "Is that a demand?" he inquired coolly, leaning back casually in his office chair, he gazed at her with such intensity that she could feel her skin burn anywhere his eyes lingered.

She immediately regretted leaving her tent when he stood, the room seemed to become ten times smaller, she didn't understand why her body reacted to him the way it did.

Feeling her determination dissolve into uncertainty when he rounded the table and faced her she changed tactics, looking everywhere but on him

"We need your help"

Feeling his gaze on her she looked up at his towering frame, it was then, staring into his eyes noticing that predatory glint, that she understood exactly what him being the Alpha meant, They listened to him, every last person she met, even the man she was supposed to call brother, he was the head of the food chain, he was the leader and Arisa had unintentionally placed her butt on his radar.

"Tell me exactly what it is that you need" Arisa swallowed licking her lip, she was about to speak but there was a knock on the door, He stared at her as he spoke "Come" and Arisa couldn't help the way her heart fluttered.

Katnis stepped through the door, her silky auburn hair flat ironed to perfection, her lips pressed into a thin line upon registering Arisa's presence and she made her way to the Alpha, standing beside Arisa, so close she could smell her cherry perfume and stared at him with a determination that made Arisa squirm blazing in her eyes.

"Alpha Vyxen" Katnis started and Arisa looked from the both of them, realizing she didn't even know his name "I think it would be in the packs best interest if the refugees were moved from our safe grounds, despite the condition of our world now those lands were meant for negotiations between Alpha's, it's not something that should be trampled on simply because a naïve little girl who knows nothing about our customs and rules throws a tantrum. You know what we risk by allowing them so close to us"

Arisa stared at Katnis in horror, how could someone so beautiful be so cruel? She wondered, looking towards Vyxen, praying he wouldn't listen to the she- devil.

Vyxen glanced above their heads "Report" he called, Arisa heard shuffling and turned to see Jeremy standing at the door.

"They were in fact attacked, Alpha. The bodies of the dead were burnt and any male survivors were more than likely taken, the possibility of him building an army is becoming a certainty. They don't carry the disease but we're not sure if they have a spy amongst them "

Arisa took a step forward, his eyes flashed to her and she swallowed visibly, she didn't understand what they were saying but whatever it was it was serious, the tension in the room was making her fidgety and anxious, she couldn't stop the pounding of her heart as she walked closer to him and he didn't seem to care that she was invading his personal space didn't seem to care that others were watching them.

You have to help them she thought fiercely, and he cocked his head to the side.

"We are awaiting your orders, Alpha" Katnis snapped loudly, breaking them from their trance, Arisa jumped back, feeling her face burn hotly as she held her head down biting her lip.

"Do you think you're the only one who cares for those people?" Vyxen asked, it was the first question he asked without hostility and she was taken back by it.

"well, I-"

"Do you think we're cruel and beyond wicked Arisa, is that it?"

She blinked, feeling hot all over, was he teasing her again? In this situation?

"Do you really care about them so much? So much that you'd give up your freedom?"

"Alpha" Jeremy growled

"what do you mean," she asked quickly, feeling her heart race

"You're getting involved in pack business, I told you to keep your head down. Did you not heed my words? By trying to protect my kind it will link you to us for the rest of eternity, do you understand me Arisa?" He stepped closer, focusing on her intensely so she understood the gravity of her actions

"Helping them means you become apart of their world, you asked if we were humans, I think now you know we aren't –"

"Alpha!" Jeremy shouted

"We are not apart of the world that you're used to, the question is Arisa, are you ready to turn from the world you once knew? If not leave those people and wait for your brother to return you the world you are familiar with"