Chapter 12

(Vlad's POV)
As I put the final touches on Daniel's birthday present, someone comes into the house and comes straight at me. I am stunned as Danny throws himself in my arms but I recover quickly and hug my son back tightly, realizing he was crying hard. After a while, he calms down.

"Daniel, what happened? Why are you crying?" I ask him who was still in my arms.

"Dash was being a jerk and now practically(not sure how to spell that) the entire school now knows that my ex-parents abused me, believes Jazz is still in a coma, and that I'm your son now." He breaks away from me and looks down at his white shirt. I notice a faint red 'X' forming on the front. "And because of me loosing my cool, the scars that were begining to heal have teared." He starts swaying and I pick him up into my arms to prevent him from falling. I bring him to his room and lays him down on his bed and get the supplies from a cabinet in his bathroom.

(Danny's POV)
When Vlad comes in with the supplies, he sits down in front of me and sets the supplies out on the bed.

"Lift your arms up as high as you can little badger." I do as I'm told and bring them up shoulder length as Vlad carefully unwraps my chest and torso.

"Why do you call me that?" I ask the question that has bothered me for a while.

"Call you what Danny?" He replies focused on me.

" 'Little Badger'. You've always been calling me that." I wince in pain.

"Because a badger is fast, strong, and very active at night rather than day and I think of you being fast, strong, and active more at night. Well, most nights." He smiles a small grin but disappears once the bandages come of fully, revieling a bloody 'X' across my front. He grabs a cloth and pours some kind of liquid on it and begins to clean my wounds. I hiss in pain and he pulls away.

"What's on that?" I question as he continues.

"A mix of alcohol and ectoplasm to help heal the wounds quicker." He said, focusing on rewrapping my newly cleaned wound. Suddenly, we hear the front door open and close as footsteps echo through the house. We immediately tense up until we realize it's only Sam and Tucker. Vlad continued as I call out for my friends, letting them know which room we were in.

When my friends come in, their eyes go straight to Vlad as he expertly finished off wrapping my wound. He gives me a quick hug and leaves with the used supplies in his hands, leaving me alone with my friends. Once he was out of view, Sam practically runs over to me and hugs me tight but not to tight as to cause me pain.

"How are you?" She asks.

"Pissed off at Dash but otherwise alright, I guess." I said and saw Tucker investigated in my poster and note covered wall. He seemed impressed as he looked to Sam still in my arms. I blush as she pulls away and sits next to me on my bed. I look to Sam then Tucker, noticing they wear the same expression. "What?"

"Is Vlad treating you well?" Tucker questions suddenly.

"Like he really does love me as his own son. Why do you ask?"

"It's just odd to see Vlad act this way out of pure love. I'm not saying there's something off with him because anyone who looks at him when it concerns you there is love, worry, proudness, and all the feelings every father should have concerning their son, adopted or not." Sam said and smiled sweetly. God I love that smile.

"So what happened after I left?" I ask after a minute of silence.

"Turns out, Lancer had a camera in the class and it recorded the entire thing with Dash and you. He got in so much trouble. Other than that nothing else happened." Tucker said with joy.

"Guys!" I said suddenly, startling my friends. "I just remembered something for us to do. Follow me." I say as I lead them around the second floor looking for the game room. Once they realised we were heading to the game room, we all raced to get there first. We ended up staying in that room laughing and talking like we normally did until it was late and Vlad arranged to have a driver take Sam and Tucker home. Once they left, Vlad and I went down to eat dinner. After a few minutes of silence, Vlad speaks.

"Daniel, have you tried turing into your ghost half since you told your parents?" He looks over to me.

"Only once. Right before they kidnapped me." I said with hatred.

"Are you planning on going back to school tomorrow?"

"Yes. There's no point in hiding. I'll just talk to Sam and Tucker and if need be, some teachers. By the way, Mr. Lancer had a camera in class and it recorded the entire thing between Dash and I."

"Good. At least he's not going to get away with little to any punishment like he always does." Vlad says and I clear off the table and head to my room to finally sleep. I open my door to find someone who I least expected to see standing in my room.

"Well hello Danny."