Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 - The first day of school

Today I came back to school. As my dad drove my sister (who's going into second grade) and I in front of the school, I started to get butterflies in my stomach, like I always do. I barely see my friends over the summer and I usually never know how they are. They could've changed or not. I don't know, until I walk into the parking lot.

I walked up to the 8th grade line and no one really acknowledged me. Shocker. They said hi and all but they didn't strike up a conversation. They didn't even asked how my summer was. So typical of them.

I also saw my teacher, Mrs. Browne. I had her last year. She is so nice and fun. She told us to go to our posts. The whole 8th grade class is on the safety patrol and our posts are the doors we hold for the rest of the school. Before last school year ended, we were assigned posts for this year, but they change every month.

I was talking mostly to my best friend in the entire world, Elizabeth Costner. I've known her since Kindergarten. In first grade though, we really became best friends. Like two peas in a pod. And we've never had a big fight before. That's something not a lot of people can say. I don't think disagreeing on tons of topics count because we do that all the time. Then we just laugh about it later. My other friends and I didn't really have a full blown conversation, like I said before.

We had one new girl She isn't really that new. She was in my school from 1st to 3rd grade. Then she came back again this year for 8th grade. Her name is Erica. She was Lizzy's and my best friend back in the first, second, and third grade. She was our partner in crime. Along with Lucy, but Lucy kind of drifted away. Erica was so quite back then. She kind of is now.

Mrs. Browne loves the Harry Potter books so like every year, she splits the class into the "houses" like in the Harry Potter books. I'm in Gryffindor with my friends Rosanna, Andy, Aaron, and Chanel.

We ( my class ) also talked about the best parts of summer. One of the my friends went to Ireland in the summer and another friend went to the White House. I mean that's awesome. The best thing I did this past summer was work. I thought little kids how to swim, and it was really fun. You see the differences between my friends and me?

Mrs. Browne told us to write a like-a poem. Next Thursday the poem is due printed and decorated. I mean come on seriously on the first day of school! I already wrote mine all I have to do is type it.

No drama (thank God!) My class is extremely dramatic and there's always something going on. No drama at all doesn't happen often.

So that was my day. Even though it was a half a day it was good. 8th grade is suppose to be fun and I hope that's true. But with my class, I'm not so sure. I'm just going to stay focused and do what I have to do.