Ch. 20

A few weeks later

Faith's Parents convo (nobody's pov, so its gonna be kinda weird:/):

"I have great news," Faith's dad said as he walked through the front door.

"What is it?" Faith's mom said. She was eager to know, and she knew Faith would too, if she were here.

"I got hired," Faith's dad said, with wide eyes and a giant smile.

"Oh honey! That's wonderful!" Faith's mom said, and hugged her husband.

"I know, and lucky for Faith, she can start riding again," he said to her.

"I completely forgot! Oh, she's going to be so excited when we tell her," Mom said.

"Well, actually, I was thinking we could surprise her," Dad said. "She's been really cooperative throughout this," he said.

"I agree. Maybe we can drive to Desert Flower next week and ask Kayla about how we can surprise her," she said.

"Well, I have an idea, but I don't know if you're going to want to do this," Faith's dad said, then told his wife what he had in mind.

***

Faith's pov again.

As I walked home from the barn, I thought about how awesome today had been with Hope. We had ridden in one of the fields, and Hope had really seemed to like it. She was really relaxed the whole time, and I had ridden bareback, which was hard when we trotted. 

But it was totally worth it.

When I got home, the mood seemed lighter today. Something felt different, and I knew that it was because of Hope. She had made my day today!

I guess my happy mood rubbed off on Mom and Dad. They were really happy for some reason, and Mom made a special dinner-her famous lasagna. Mmmm.

I don't know what the occasion was, maybe there isn't one, but I didn't care. Things were starting to feel normal again. My parents were happy, and I was riding again!

*******

A/N: i know. worlds. lamest. shortest. chapter. ever!!! It's just a filler chapter, but it's muy importante to the book! i hope you guys don't think im making the chapters short cause I want to finish the book! I'm not!  That's just how the chapter is! I PROMISE!!!! 5 more chapters till the end :(