Ch. 10

We flew over the final vertical, and Kayla clapped as we landed. "Great job Faith! You're doing great with Moon," she said, and I smiled.

I was riding Moon in our team practice, and I stopped Moon next to Flora and Goldie. "That was just great," Flora muttered rudely, and I looked at her.

"What?" she sassed at me, and I just widened my eyes, and looked away. What was Flora's deal?

"Flora, you're up," Kayla said, and she nodded, then started Goldie towards the course. They flew over each jump easily, and had a perfect round.

"Nice Flora, you continue to be consistent, which is great!" Kayla says, and Flora grins smugly.

"Thanks," she says, and eyes me as she settles Goldie back into line.

I watched the other girls jump the course, nobody coming close to nicking a rail, and wonder why Flora is acting like she is.

Maybe she's just having an off day, I thought. Yeah, that has to be it.

As I led Moon to his stall, Peyton was waiting by it. "Hey Peyton," I say as I let Moon loose in his stall and give him a goodbye pat.

"Hey Faith. I just wanted to ask you something," she said sorta nervously.

"Yeah, sure," I said, and waited for her to ask.

"Has Flora been acting, a little, weird today?" she asked cautiously.

I nodded my head. "Has she been mean to you? She was kind of smug today."

"Yeah, I agree," Peyton said.

"Do you know why?" I asked.

Peyton was silent for a moment. "I think she's having some trouble at home, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go get frozen yogurt later?" she said, and I grinned and called my mom. She said she would drop me off at fro yo, then pick me up after.

While we are our yogurt, what Peyton had said ran through my mind. What could be going on at home for Flora to make her act so strange?

>~<

A/N: sorry that this is a short chapter, but the chapters in BF will be much shorter than my other books. Vote and comment! Thanks:)