Ch. 8

At home, I was looking over the list of classes I could enter in for the show in a few weeks. I know I definitely want to do a jumping class, since I'm already doing dressage. I scanned over it again, and I decided which one I'm going to do. I'm going to do the Junior's Intermediate Jumping Class. I know I'm not ready for the advanced class yet, and I think the beginner's would be too easy, so the intermediate class is my best choice. I smiled as I circled the class on my paper.

Today, I don't have a riding lesson or a team practice. But that's okay; I do have plans with Gina to go to the mall.

I'm supposed to meet her at 11:30 so we could have lunch at the mall, and then shop for a while, and it's 10:47 right now. I'm pretty close to the mall, so I don't have to leave till 11:10, but I should get read now.

I looked through my closet. I picked out jean shorts, a tank top with tribal prints on it, and my new sandals that I got a few weeks ago. I put the outfit on, then went into my bathroom, and brushed out my hair. It was disgustingly hot out, so if I left it down, it would probably make my neck super sweaty, and it would probably frizz anyway. So, I put it in a high ponytail, and I decided to do what Gina did to me, and curl the ends of it. I put on a little bit of makeup, and then I went downstairs, ready to go to the mall.

I snatched my purse off of a chair I had left it on, then called for Mom.

"Coming!" she replied, and then she walked out of her room with her purse and her car keys. "Let's go," she said and smiled, and then we were off to the mall.

>~<

While we were at the mall, we had sat down and eaten lunch. After lunch, we hit a few of our favorite shops, and I got a pair of cream colored high top converse, a new black skirt, and a few new tops that I love! Gina got a matching pair of converse, and a new pair of skinny jeans, a few tops also, and a white and navy chevron scarf. I really liked her scarf, but I had gotten more than enough stuff already, so I had skipped getting a scarf.

At home, it was already 4:30, and I was watching a show on my phone. Usually, I would watch TV downstairs, but both of my parents are down there, and I don't want to walk in on them arguing.

Lately, when I talk about riding, Dad looks at Mom in a strange way. Mom usually just ignores him, and continues to ask me about riding. I'm getting kinda suspicious. Is there something that they aren't telling me?

***

The next day, I had my private riding lesson. Yay! I hope we work with Hope today. That's what we had been doing for my lessons for a while. I'm excited, cause Kayla told me that she was able to tack Hope up one day, and that she might be ready to start being ridden again. I hope that I will get to ride her today, but I understand if it's too soon.

When I arrived at the barn, Mom came into the barn with me. She said she wanted to watch me work with Hope-well, if that's what we are doing today-cause she really likes Hope.

I looked at the board, and sure enough, it said that I was working with Hope today. Yay!!!

I walked with Mom to Hope's stall, and Kayla was already there. "Hi Kayla!" I chirped to her, excited to be with Hope.

"Hey Faith! Hi Mrs. Daniels," she said to me and my mom, and my mom said hello back.

"What are we gonna do today?" I asked Kayla eagerly.

"Well, you are going to ride her today," Kayla said calmly.

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!

"Okay," I said in the same calm way as Kayla did, and smiled. I got Hope out of her stall, and hooked up to a pair of cross ties. I groomed her super well, admiring her beautiful snowflake coat, and then began the familiar process of tacking her up. I took my time, and was super careful while tacking Hope up. I didn't want to do anything to make her scared or nervous.

When she was all tacked up, I clicked my helmet on, and led her to the indoor arena.

"Okay, mount her, and then just let her get used to the feeling of you on her back. I know she knows how to be ridden, but it's been a while, and she just needs to get back into the groove of it," Kayla instructed, and I did what she said.

I sat upon Hope's back, and it just felt right. I smiled, and gave Hope a little pat on her neck.

We sat there for a few minutes, until Kayla spoke.

"Bring her into a walk," she said, and I nodded. I gave her a light squeeze, and she was off into a smooth little walk. I grinned as we plodded along the rail, and then I made a nice 20 meter circle, and she moved at the slightest big of pressure I put on the reins. I like it.

We made lots of circuits around the ring, and plenty of circles and cutting across the arena, too.

"Bring her into the middle, and then dismount," Kayla said. I steered her towards the middle, and dismounted. When I was on the ground, I wrapped my arms around Hope's neck. She slightly leaned into me, seeming to enjoy the praise.

"Good job Hope!" I cheered, and scratched behind her ears. I found out that she really likes to be scratches and rubbed behind her ears. She let out a little sigh, and I laughed. "You're enjoying this too much."

I led her back to the cross ties, and untacked her. I brushed her off, but she wasn't that sweaty.

Kayla came over and pet Hope. "You're the first person that's ridden her, and you did a wonderful job with her! How was she?" she asked.

"Well, she's very obedient, and she moves at the slightest cues. Her walk is really smooth, and I definitely can tell that she used to be ridden. She's absolutely great!" I said, and patted Hope's withers.

"Good, I'm glad. I took a few pictures of you on her for the website of the rescue center so people can see how she's doing," Kayla said. When she said that, I felt a pang of sadness. I forgot that Hope was up for adoption. I kept on running Hope. I didn't want her to leave.

I put Hope in her stall and opened her back door to her paddock. She nuzzled me, then walked outside into the warm summer air.

I grabbed my helmet, then walked out with Mom to the car.

"You looked so good on Hope sweetie!" Mom gushed.

"Thanks, she's great," I said. We continued to chat about Hope as we drove home. But each minute we drove away from the stable, I felt less like my house was home, and the stables was my true home.

^*^
A/N: hey guys!!!! I hope u all like this chapter. :) so I'm making a third book for the NBACF series.......... But I'm not publishing any of it until I'm finished with RHI and Blind Faith. It's going to be called Double Trouble, and I'm really excited about it:D remember to vote and comment!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALL OF UR COMMENTS PLEASE comment please just do it please. Ok thanks bye!!! Oh! And I've also finished plotting out what happens for the rest of the book 😈 there should be 25 chapters total give or take a few so yeah hope you're excited!!:) bye:-))