Chapter 2

^Picture Of Skylar Above^

My head pounds and I jolt awake. My ears ring and I shake my head trying to make it stop. The mysterious girl is above me and shaking me frantically, trying to get me to wake up. I give her a dazed look and she hurls me upward, urging me to stand. My knee's shake and I swallow down my nausea.

"Im fine! We need to help others!" I shout out and I sound muffled. The girl nods and runs off in the direction of the commotion, I follow in close pursuit. Sweat rolls off my forehead as I try to help everyone I see. This was officially hell, so much for my exciting summer.

[•][•][•][•][•][•][•][•]

By the time sundown hits only 53 people are alive. Some sit on the beach and cry for their loved ones who have passed, others are trying to keep it together and use the scraps of the plane to try and make shelter.

Im one of the people trying to keep it together. My arms shake with exhaustion as I grab metal pieces of the plane and try to prop them up in the sand and make a small hut. After I finally get it to stand upright, I pull away and wipe the sweat out of my eyes.

I struggle to breathe because of my Asthma, so I collapse in the sand and try to control my breathing. Inhaling deeply, I exhale loudly and count my breaths. After Im relatively sure I have myself under control, I shakily stand and continue making the small metal hut.

"Take a break." A guy walks over and holds the piece of metal I was trying to use as the roof still. He's about 6ft tall and muscular. He looks like he's 19. His hair is dyed red and flips to one side.

"Im fine." I murmur. My black hair is in my eyes and I attempt to push it away and only end up failing miserably. My tank top clings to my sweaty figure and I feel gross.

"Don't push yourself, you've been through a lot. My names Matthew, now go rest a little while." His voice is deep but friendly. I sigh, then nod.

"Im Eliza. Thanks Matthew." I thank him gratefully and walk through the sand to check on other people. For the most part they seem okay, some people had some bad injuries though.

"Hey!" I see the girl from earlier. She looks at me for a moment and gives a small smile.

"Hey! How ya feeling?" She asks me, walking toward me.

"Im fine. You?" I ask her kindly.

"A little shaken up, bur nothing I can't handle." She nods.

"I never caught your name. Im Eliza." I say friendly, curious as to who this mysterious girl was.

"Im Skylar. Nice to meet you Eliza." Skylar smiles. Then she runs a hand through her brown hair, ruffling it. Small cuts line her face and arms, but Im pretty sure I didn't look any better. My entire body ached and shook with exhaustion.

"I'll see ya around. I need to go check on the others okay?" She tells me.

"Okay. See ya." I tell her lowly, she walks off and kicks up sand slightly as she walks.

I find the kid from earlier, Travis. I gulp and walk toward him slowly, unsure of how he was doing. Then I plop down next to him. "Hey Travis. How are you feeling?" I ask timidly. The small child sits by the shore and has his head down.

"My sister passed away." Tears fall down his face when he looks at me. Dirt lays on his face and a large gash is on his forehead.

"Was your mom on the plane Travis?" I ask him, hoping that we could find his mom around here somewhere.

"No. Me and my sissy were being sent over to see our daddy for the summer." He says tiredly. "I miss my mommy."

"I know Travis. I miss mine too. But I'll take care of you, and I'll keep you safe." I promise him.

"Okay." He yawns and curls up in my lap. I run my hand through his dirty brown hair, he sighs contently and falls asleep within minutes. A towel lays a short way across the beach and I stand up, lifting Travis up. I hold him in my arms and lay him down on the towel, he snores slightly.

I stretch and crouch down, pulling another towel up to cover him since its a little chilly. The soft chatter of others is heard, but the crying of some is louder. I start to wonder whether people even know that we're gone yet. I also start to wonder if anyone was looking for us yet too. For a moment I feel like no one will ever find us and then I shake the bad thought away. I needed to stay positive that we would be found.

I walk back over to the shore and scoop up handfuls of the salt water, then clean my cuts with it. I groan out at the stinging pain from all the gashes. At least they were getting clean. I almost cry out when I wash a particularly long gash. I sigh once they're all clean, then I wash the rest of the dirt and grime from my body. Not even caring my clothing was getting wet, I wasn't going to undress in front of people I didn't know.

My throat is dry from the lack of water, leaving my mouth to feel like sandpaper. My stomach grumbles too, but theres not much I can do about either of those things at the moment. My head pounds slightly, considering hitting my head earlier I was starting to feel the after affects of it.

I dry myself off and walk over toward Travis, then curl up next to him. My eyes droop and I yawn tiredly, then I slip under the towel with him and drift into a restless sleep.

[•]A/N[•]

Been awhile since I updated, figured I could use one of these. Not much took place because I haven't had inspiration.
Anyways, vote, comment and all that jazz!! Leave some feedback too if you want, Im always looking for advice or constructive criticism on my writing! Every little thing helps lol.