Chapter 23

Luke's Point Of View

I stared up at the white ceiling in my bedroom. Some sources say that staring into a white ceiling or wall can cause depression, have at it.

I still can't get over the fact that Noel is dead. Noel Dawson is dead. The love of my life is dead.

And there's not a damn thing I can do about it except drown in my own tears that the girl I love is gone forever.

"Luke?" My mother called from the other side of the door. "Are you okay? I'm really worried. Please open the door."

I slightly groaned, but stood up from the comfort of my bed. I walk slowly towards the my bedroom door and open it, revealing my mother with a concern expression on her face.

"What's wrong, Luke?" My mother asked.

And that's when the tears came pouring down. Her mouth dropped open and she walked over to me. She pulled me into her arms and I started sobbing loudly.

"S-she's dead, Mom," I wailed. "She killed herself."

My mother gasped. "Oh, I am sorry for your loss, honey. I really am. How about I make you some tea and you can get some rest?"

I nodded and I walked over to my bed. My mother came back after a few minutes with a cup of tea. She helped me into bed and she makes her way out of my bedroom, closing the door behind her.

Before I fell asleep, my phone buzzes on the nightstand next to my bed.

'Noel's funeral is this Saturday.. think you can make it?' It's from Noel's friend, Levi.

I texted back and told him I can make it. I notified my mother about and told me she'll book a flight and a hotel room. I wouldn't be anywhere without her.

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

--

"Wait, you're to Arizona?" Calum asked, pulling an apple out of my fridge.

I nodded. "Levi texted me, asking if I can make it Noel's funeral and I said yes. My mother already booked both the flight and hotel."

"Are you sure you can handle it?" He asked, taking a bite of the apple.

"I certainly hope I can," I said, fiddling with my fingers.

--

"Do you have everything packed?" My mother asked me.

I nodded. "Yes, I just need to put this in the car."

My mother grabs my suitcase and pulls it out of my bedroom. I texted Calum and told him to meet me at my house. Ashton and Michael still have no idea that Noel is even dead.

I sit on my bed. I rest my head in my hands and deeply sigh. Anything can happen at this funeral, I just don't know what.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it. I softly smile at some pictures that we've taken, some funny and some plain out cute.

"Luke, are you ready?" My mother asked.

"Coming!" I said, locking my phone and making my way out of my bedroom.

--

Everyone is wearing black. Black skirts, dresses, suits, all of the attire is black.

My hands begin to sweat as I take a seat on one of the long benches. My gaze was kept towards the ground as I hear the sounds of wails.

"Luke?" A girl said.

I look up and I see a girl who looks exactly like Noel. She must be Anna.

"Yeah?" I said.

"It's nice to finally meet you," She said. "My name is Anna. Noel talked about you a lot."

I shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you, as well."

"I have to go," She softly smiled. "Thank you for coming to her funeral."

I nod my head in response and watch as Anna walked towards her family. Her mother latched onto her father's arm as she bawled uncontrollably.

Why did you do this, Noel? Don't you see how much people you've affected?

--

The next hour is spent with guests going up to the podium. I refused because one I was up there, I couldn't talk.

I could see Noel's casket from where I am sitting. She's wearing a white blouse with ripped jeans and a red fringe poncho with light brown boots. Her eyes resting and her hands resting on top of her body. She's frowning and I am upset because of that.

The ceremony is over. Everyone is crying and hugging one another. Everyone decided to follow Noel's family as they bury her into the ground.

The walk is about twenty or so minutes. I watched as Noel's family says their final goodbyes and they lower her casket into the ground. They pushed all the dirt on top of her casket and that's when her mother dropped to her knees and wailed loudly. Her husband and Anna tried to calm her down as everyone filed out. I followed them.

But, I stopped and I gasped.

Noel is leaning against an oak tree, wearing the same blue dress she wore on our date. She looks alive and happy. She waved at me and I waved back. I looked towards her family, but they were gone, then I looked back. She stared at me with lighten up eyes. She mouths the words 'I'm sorry'.

I looked towards her gravesite and looked back at tree, but Noel was nowhere near in sight. Just the sound of the howling wind and the scenery of trees and my lover's gravesite.

--

AND THEN END! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS JOURNEY! I WILL BE WRITING AN ONE DIRECTION FAN-FIC (WITHOUT ZAYN) SO LOOK OUT!

- Katie :D