17

5 MONTHS LATER

Kyler is six months old and crawling now! I can't believe it. It's so amazing seeing him grow up but I also don't want him too. It's a mixed feeling.

Jason and I are doing great and I don't think we could be happier. I am done with my classes and I am waiting for a teaching job to open up; I just want to start working already but I also don't want to leave Kyler for a long period of time. I love him too much.

"Can you say da da?" I heard Jason ask in a baby voice. I smiled as I folded Kyler's cloths and put them away. Jason and him were sitting on the floor in his room also. Jason just recently bought Kyler some rattlers and teething toys and I think he loves them more than Jason and I. No joke.

"Jason he isn't ready to talk yet," I laughed as I opened his sock drawer to match his socks.

"You never know baby," Jason said in a baby voice, "do you baby boy? Say, da da?"

"No? That's okay," Jason settled down and lied on his stomach in front of the baby.

"He has a doctors appointment tomorrow to check his weight and see how well he is doing. You'll be able to make it, right?" I asked as I finished folding his cloths and moved onto Jason's.

"Yeah," he looked at me with furrowed eye brows, "why wouldn't I?"

"Just wondering," I shrugged.

He looked back at Kyler and smiled, "you're too cute, boy."

"Yes he is," I laughed.

"Da da!"

In that moment my whole world froze. Did Kyler just speak his first words? Holy shit.

"W-Was that him?" I slowly approached the two.

"Y-Yeah...it was," Jason whispered, "kyler, say da da?"

"Da Da!" He cheered and through his hands up in the air before smacking them down on his lap. He was sitting up with his legs out in front of him.

"Baby boy!" I cheered and picked him up before resting him on my hip, "mommy and daddy are so proud of you!"

"I was his first word," Jason smiled as he slowly stood up and looked at our baby boy.

"Da Da!" Kyler made grabby hands towards Jason, telling him he wanted him. Jason grabbed him from me and gave me a little smirk.

"You love Daddy," he whispered while walking out which made me giggle. He is defiantly a daddies boy.

--
"Kyler, do you want to try...green beans?" I held up the jar of baby food.

I opened the cap and scooped some up before putting it in his mouth. He made a nasty face and spit it out which made me laugh.

"Yeah, I don't like it either baby," I shook my head and made the same face as him.

"Hmmm...how about apple sauce? Mommy loves apple sauce," I smiled and fed him a little bite.

Soon the jar was all gone and I cheered, "good job baby boy! Now you can have your cereal bottle then your going night night."

I made his bottle and walked into Jason and I's room to see him lying on the bed, "can you feed him his bottle and get him to sleep while I finish cleaning the house please?"

"Yeah baby, gimme him," Jason smiled and I put Kyler at the end of the bed and watched him crawl up beside his dad.

"Da Da," he whispered and looked up at Jason with loving eyes.

"Daddy is here baby boy. He's not going anywhere," he whispered right back as he kissed his forehead before feeding him his bottle.

--
"Kyler is doing terrific," Dr. Palmer walked in and smiled, "his weight is exactly where it is supposed to be on the scale and he's crawling! You're son is great."

"Thank you so much Dr. Palmer," Jason stood up and shook his hand.

"No problem, guys. Give me a call if anything changes," he smiled and watched me buckle Kyler into his car seat.

"We will," I stood up and handed the car seat to Jason.

"Bye!"

--
"The doctor said you are doing really well," I talked to Kyler as he sat beside of me on the couch, "did you know that you're the best baby boy in the world?"

He looked up at me and cooed, "yeah, I know," I smiled.

"Can you say Ma Ma?" I asked in hopes that he'd want to say my name too.

"Ma Ma?" I asked again and picked him up, setting him on my lap.

"No? No Ma Ma?" I asked and pouted my lips. When I did that Kyler leaned up and put his nose on my lips and started laughing. He pulled back and shook his head 'no.'

"You're not going to say it?"

Another shake of the head.

"Alright," I sighed and we continued watching t.v.

A:N - KYLER IS SO CUTE!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh the baby feels killed me once again.

Xoxo - Alexa