Tingles & Hugs

Chapter 11

Piper's POV

A big goofy smile played on my lips all day. I could still feel the tingles on my lips from the searing kisses this morning. It had certainly taken me by surprise this morning when he had given me a peck on the cheek but it was a good surprise. One he certainly did not have to apologize for. I was kinda thankful that Marco interrupted us though because I did not know for how much longer I would have been able to control myself.

My desire for the man was astounding. His smile melted my insides and his touch left tingle wherever he touched me. I knew my self control would wear thin quickly if he kept giving me kisses like those from this morning but I knew our relationship was way too young to betaking that step yet. I wanted to know him more personally before giving him that part of me.

My thoughts were interrupted when Carrie entered the kitchen.

"Piper! I feel like I never see you!" She exclaims when she spotted me baking.

"Hi Carrie." I respond, giving her a hug when she rushes towards me.

"So I heard you were getting hot and heavy with the boss this morning." She tells me, her lips forming a large smirk.

"Who told you that?!" I splutter, knowing for sure my cheeks were the color of a fire truck.

"The maids talk sweetheart. One of them overheard Marco. That boy has got some lungs on him." She informs me.

"Well fine then he just doesn't get any cupcakes tonight." I huff, frustrated that now everyone knew what was going on between Christian and I. It wasn't like I was ashamed or anything but I definitely would have enjoyed some privacy and not have the whole house know what we were doing this morning.

"Oh baby, you are so mean." She says.

"I am not! But he needs to be taught that gossiping is a bad habit." I tell her, defending my actions.

"Well remind me to never piss you off." She replies, walking towards me and winding her arms around my waist, her front flush to my back as I turn around to continue baking. "Make me strawberry?" She purrs.

"They are already in the oven." I inform her.

"I knew there was a reason you are my favorite." She murmurs, her head resting on my shoulder as she watches me mix a new flavor.

"I knew you only liked me for my pastries!" I gasp dramatically.

"No sweetie of course not! You know you mean more to me than that!" She says, keeping up the game. We burst into fits of laughter, her arms tightening around my body.

"Ah I am so happy Marco found you. You really are great to have around Piper." She says softly in my ear.

"Aw thanks Carrie. You are pretty great too." I tell her, turning in her arms to give her a hug. The hug is gentle and I can really see Carrie and I being great friends.

We had only been hugging for a few seconds before a throat is cleared near us. Carrie stiffens in my arms and I curiously look around to see who it could be. My eyes meet Christian's and a large smile blooms on my face at the sight of him.

"Christian! Are done working already?" I ask, noting it is only around 1:30 in the afternoon.

"No I was wondering if you would want to join me for lunch but you seem to be busy." He says out, staring at Carrie and I. I move away from her to check on the cupcakes which thankfully seem to be done.

"No actually, I could do lunch. Just let me take these cupcakes out of the oven and put this batter in the fridge and then we can go." I tell him.

Once all of that is done, I turn back to Carrie and Christian who seem to be in a staring match for some odd reason. I lightly clear my attention to get them out of their weird state.

"Ready?" Christian asks.

"Yup. I'll see you later Carrie?" I ask her, giving her a hug before making my way into the strong arms of Christian.

"Yeah of course. Have a nice lunch Piper." Carrie says but something seems off. She seems...sad.

"Are you okay Carrie?" I ask worriedly, not wanting to leave her if she needs to talk or something.

"No I'm fine. Just have a good lunch and I will see you at dinner." She says, forcing a smile and walking past us out the kitchen.

"Well alrighty then. Where to?" I ask Christian.

"I have the perfect place. Where is Adrianna?" He asks.

"She is down for her afternoon nap. If we are home before four at least, we will make it back before she wakes up." I tell him.

"Great. Let's go." Christian says, grabbing my hand and towing us out the house.

A/N love you guys xo