Chapter 20: cops cuteness and clarity (part 4)

Clarke and Bellamy managed to silently squirm their way into the break room, their eyes scanned the room. It was a small room, nearly empty. The walls were pain white, and little cooler was present in the room. There was nothing but a mini fridge, a simple plastic beige table, and three matching chairs in the room.

Clarke and Bellamy looked up at each other holding their breath, just praying that the police would come into the break room. Hoping, that they wouldn't think of check the break room.

Clarke couldn't help by wonder, why so many officers were in one mall just to look for them. Where they going to go through every store, just to find them?

The police definitely had the authority to check every place and not leave any stone unturned, but the real question was would they even feel the need to?

The answer...yes.

There was a loud knock on the door, and a deep and raspy voice that spoke up. "Open the door. It's PPD." (Author's Note: PPD stands for Phoenix Police Department.)

Clarke looked over to Bellamy and in the moment, there was no where to go, they were just stuck. It was like seeing the end of everything good, everything happy just slip right out of your grasp.

They were helpless, there was nothing they could do. They couldn't run, they couldn't hide, and they couldn't change what they had done...They had to suffer the consequences.

"PPD, open up." The officers slammed a hand on the door, and caused Clarke to jump, but Bellamy didn't even flinch.

There were a few voices outside, barely even noticeable words. Although, Bellamy and Clarke could hear a few words.

It...parking lot....stolen...there.

A lot of things could've been involving those words into a sentence. But, it was clear they were talking about the truck that Bellamy and Clarke had stolen.

"Just brake down the door.-" the cops conversation was interrupted.

"I think we find our car jacker." A female's fuzzily and staticy voice came from the police radio.

The officer at the receiving end of the message took a rather long time to respond. "Where are you?"

"We're in a place called..." She took a second to respond. "Forever 21." She said the words slowly, sounding as if she was unfamiliar with the store.

There was a long pause of silence until the static voice come threw the radio once again. "You all should back to the station, I guess we didn't need much help." There was another very short paused. "I guess, it wasn't Blake. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me. My apologies, guys. Sorry for the panic."

Panic? Sorry for the what? Panic? Sorry for the panic?! Why would so many officers be panicked about one person? About Bellamy. What panicked them about Bellamy?

Clarke looked over to Bellamy, with two completely different looks in her eyes. Ones of fear and relief blended into her glance.

Bellamy didn't tell her why he was wanted by the police and the fact that so many cops came flooding into the mall, and they were panicked, those facts just really worried her. She became a bit afraid that she was even in the same room as Bellamy.

She wanted to ask him what he did, she longed to ask him why the police wanted to arrest him so bad. But, she knew it wasn't the time to ask. Would there ever be a 'time' to ask?

"Let's get back to the station." One of the officers voices came from outside the room, there were sounds and footsteps walking away. They began to slipway, the sound getting quieter and quieter until there was no sound left.

Then it was just Bellamy and Clarke in the break room. They were both relived, terrified, and flat out shocked.