New Friends

Ruby's POV
A few days ago me and Sapphy were talking to a really nice girl, and I'm pretty sure her name was Lapis. I mean, me and Sapphire didn't really have that many friends. So on the bus today we were thinking about talking to them. We agreed that we would do it today before class starts, and we know that Lapis goes to hang out at the football field a lot, so we walked there hand in hand, and I was blushing the whole way there. I have had a crush on Sapphire ever since we were little. She is usually wearing these beautiful blue dresses and skirts, and her hair is always so luscious and she's just the most stunning person I've ever met. We walk over to them, and they're starting to walk to class, they're all talking about someone named Peridot..wasn't that the nerd that Lapis was talking about...seemed to me like she liked her. I would know, because when she talked about her, her eyes just seemed to light up. Plus my gaydar has never been wrong. I sighed, stealing a glance at Sapphire, and she looks at me and smiles. She always knows exactly what to do to make me feel like I'm the most special girl in the world. I smiled back, and we walked over to Lapis.
"Hey Lapis! We were wondering if you wanted to hang sometime." I said, looking up at Lapis...I hate being short.  She looked down at me and said,
"Yeah! That'd be totally awesome! I was thinking about having Amethyst, Pearl and Peri over for a sleepover, and you guys are welcome to come too!" Lapis said, smiling down at us.
"That sounds wonderful. Ruby and I will be there." Sapphire said in her melodic voice. Score! I sleepover with some new friends sounds totally awesome! Me and Sapphire walked off, ready to go our separate ways.
"I'll see you at the sleepover, Ruby." Sapphire says, and then she kisses my cheek. She kissed my cheek. THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER! I blush bright red, almost as red as a cherry.
"Y-yeah...I-i'll see you t-then." I stutter, rubbing the place where her lips touched. All I can think about is how soft her lips were. I walked off to class, probably as the happiest person alive.

Sapphire's POV

I was still thinking about the kiss as I walked off. Should I have done it? She was to cute for me not to do it, especially with that pretty headband that she always wears. I didn't look back to see her reaction, I was too worried, and I had barely any time to get to class. I was going to chemistry, and Mr. Calcite wasn't a teacher that you wanted to be late for. He had an iron will, and I didn't want to get on his bad side. I walked to class, my textbooks in hand and I got in the room just as the bell rung. I sighed in relief, and took my seat next to Pearl. As the teacher was talking about the Element Table, Pearl passed me a note. It read
Hey! Are you going to the sleepover tonight? Do you know if Amethyst is coming? I chuckled at the last sentence, knowing that Pearl had a crush on Amethyst since the beginning of Middle School. It wasn't as long as I had a crush on Ruby, which is since preschool, but she still liked Amethyst for a pretty long time. I scribbled my reply quietly hoping that the teacher doesn't notice.
Yeah, Ruby and I are going to the sleepover together. I assume that you and Amethyst will go, if she says yes? But I don't know if Amethyst is coming, I thought that you already knew. I handed her the small slip over paper, and she smiled. She jotted down something quickly, and handed it to me:
You guys should sit at our lunch table today! We'll all talk about it there! I smile at her, and look back at the board, the teacher still going on about the importance of having the Element Table memorized. I sigh, quickly writing a few notes and writing the homework down in my agenda.

Pearl's POV

I stare back at the board, writing down everything we need to know. Even though I'm excited about talking to everyone at lunch and going to the sleepover, I don't want to fail the test on Tuesday. I'm also really excited to spend more time with Amethyst, since we haven't really gotten to talk a lot this week. I wish that Amethyst would notice my feelings towards her, but she's pretty much oblivious to these kinds of things. I sigh and look down at my paper, waiting eagerly for class to end. There's about 40 minutes left, and I'm already bored of Mr. Calcite's voice.

~[Time Skip]~

I somehow survived Mr. Calcite's class for 40 minutes, and the bell just rung. I quickly grab my book bag, and grab everything that I need from my locker. I walked quickly through the breezeway, trying to catch a glimpse of Amethyst's breath-taking and flowing silver hair. I finally found her, and ran to her, making sure I could catch her before she struts through the cafeteria doors.
"Amethyst!" I shout in her direction. She turns around, a bored expression on her face until she sees me. A big smile covers her face, and she runs over, laughing that cute laugh of hers. She hugs me, and I blush.
"Pearl! It's been a while!" she says, tucking her hair behind her ear.
"I know! So me and some other friends were wondering if you wanted to come over for a sleepover, and we were gonna talk about it at the lunch table." I say, waiting to see of she's coming.
"For sure! I'll see you there, and I'll sit at the lunch table but right now, I need my grub." she says, rubbing her stomach. I giggle, and we walk together to the lunch line, and now I'm even more excited for the sleepover.

Amethyst's POV

I walked to the lunch line with Pearl, eager to get something to fill my tummy up, and I'm also excited to talk about the sleepover. We need to play truth or dare! Maybe seven minutes in heaven...maybe I could end up with pearl...my thoughts start drifting towards the graceful gem. Wait...do I like her? I glance at Pearl and start to blush. Yup. I like her. Oh well...probably won't work out anyway. I shove a fry in my mouth, chewing fast, not really savoring the taste. I pay for my food, and follow Pearl to her lunch table (Dat ass tho!). We plop our stuff down, and I look at the people sitting here. Peridot and Lapis are in deep conversation about Super Smash Bros! a game that they both like. Ruby and Sapphire are also sitting close together, and their both blushing, and giggling as they eat their food. Cute. I then look at pearl who's eating her homemade lunch; lot's of veggies. I mean, Pearl is pretty skinny, and she's a dancer so she had to be fit. Sometimes I like to watch her dance, cause she's really good at it. She moves so gracefully and beautifully, like she was born to be stunning. Not me. I'm just a big fat lump, and I'm probably an embarrassment to Pearl. I doubt that she even likes hanging out with me. I sigh, and bite into my french fry.

Peridot's POV
I can't believe that Lapis invited me, the biggest nerd on the face of the universe, to sit with her and go to a sleepover with all her friends at her house. I was a little upset that we wouldn't be going to the Big Donut again but all of her friends seemed pretty chill, and I'm not that much of a people person so that's saying something. We were talking about Super Smash Bros! one of my all time favorite games. I hope we can play it at the sleepover, so I can totally beat Lapis. Lapis said that her favorite character was Kirby. She thought that he was so cute. I know that he's a pretty good character, but with Lapis using him he'll probably be average. I was talking about how my favorite character was Samus, because she had all the best attacks, in my opinion.
"But Kirby can totally take Samus, he can even use her own moves against her!" she says, defending the pink puff ball cartoon.
"But he can only copy some of her moves, and they aren't even her best moves!" I say, knowing that Samus could totally take Kirby down.
"We'll settle this when I win at the sleepover." Lapis said in a confident tone, which made me blush because she was so hot when she was sure if herself.
"As if! We'll settle this when I win!" I say, and we both burst out in laughter. Who would fight about something as stupid as a video game? Us. Lunch is about to end so we hug, and go to our classes. I watch her leave the cafeteria, her hair swaying as she walked. This sleepover is going to be epic.