Teasing

Lapis' POV

I walk quickly to the football field, a small smile covering my face. Pearl and the gang walked over to me.
"Lapis, why have you been hanging out with that nerd so much?" she questions, motioning to Peri.
"Do you, l-l-like her??" she says in a teasing tone, laughing and nudging me a few times.
"No." I say defiantly, crossing my arms. The other girls run over, laughing at me. Some of them start to nudge me, or ruffle my hair or even squeeze my checks.
"Does wittle-Wapis have a wittle crush on pretty-Peri? Does she want to date pretty-Peri?" One of the guys said, but I couldn't see who it was because my hair was all in my face. My face was now a burning crimson, and I started to get mad.
"Are they gonna get...married??" I hear the guy snigger, and I push my hair out of my face and yell,
"WE WILL NOT!" I notice that it's Jasper I just yelled at. He picks me up by the collar of my shirt, and looked at me, his eyes full of fury.
"It would be a shame if I yelled out you're love life with Peri as loud as you yelled at me! Don't yell at me, Lazuli."
he said in a gruff voice, spitting in my face, and the stench of his breath reached my nose. I felt myself start to shake, and I nodded my head, too afraid to speak. He dropped me, and I almost cried out in pain; I had landed on the concrete.
"Oops." he said in one of the most not-sorry voices I had ever heard. The girls luckily ran over, their faces contorted with worry.
"I'm so sorry Lapis, we didn't know that Jasper would take it that far!" I looked at Pearl, and she looked like she was about to cry.
"I-it's fine, I mean it wasn't your fault." I said honestly, still a little angry. The other girls nodded, and I saw Pearl smile.
"You do like that Peridot, though. Right?" Pearl said, and I was a little shocked that she brought it up again.
"N-no." I responded, with a little more stutter then I had intended. Their faces lit up.
"She does!" Coral said, giggling and smiling.
"You have got to tell us what happens!" Pearl says excitedly, picking me up off the ground, and I smile goofily.
"Ok..." I say in defeat, and the girls squeal. I'm so lucky to have these friends. Even if they do mess with me sometimes. We then walk off to class, and I think that I'm ready to start the day.
Author's Note:
Hey! Sorry that my chapter was so short, but I'm having really bad writer's block, and I wish it would just go away. I'm also sorry that this chapter didn't really have that much going on.