020: Jealous or Not

CHAPTER 20: Jealous or Not

"Wow, this is really a nice place," Jiyeon said in awe as they both enter Luhan's condo unit.

'It even has a second floor,' she thought.

Luhan placed his car keys as well as their things on the nearest table. And Jiyeon did the same as well. They went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"Where are you parents?" Jiyeon asked as Luhan gave her a glass of water.

""They're at home, at Busan," he replied as he leaned back at his marble counter table.

"Oh, so you live here alone?" She asked while drinking her glass of water with two hands and observing the luxurious things around her.

"Right." After drinking the last drop of his drink, he said "Let's finish our project."

"Right," Jiyeon left her glass of water near the sink.

They went to the living room and Luhan grab the things they need at the table where they left the things. Jiyeon sat at the sofa, while Luhan sat at the carpet placing the frog, candlewax tray and his tools.

"Jiyeon, use the laptop right there to search for the frog's skeletal system," Jiyeon took the laptop near her. "Then, print the names."

While, Luhan took off his sweater and placed it on the sofa, then he wears the surgical gloves to remove the muscle tissues on the frog's bones.

When the start up on Luhan's MacBook is finally done, Jiyeon saw Luhan's background was Batman.

'If I were him,' she thought, 'Jei would be my background or both of them.' Then, all of the sudden, she felt a thorn stabbed right through her heart. She shook her head and focused on her task.

Jiyeon was feeling uneasy due to the dead silence around, so she asked Luhan to grab her phone next to his jacket, "Can you get the phone for me, Luhan?"

Without a word, Luhan took Jiyeon's phone and he accidentally pressed the home button and he saw her and Kai's selca.

"I thought you weren't dating?" Luhan asked after he hand the phone over to Jiyeon.

"No, we aren't. Why?" she responded. And she saw the reason why Luhan suddenly asked the question, it was because he saw Jiyeon's lockscreen wallpaper.

"Then, why's that your background?"

Jiyeon laughed, "HAHAHAHA. It was Kai. He said my phone would look better with this picture," and Jiyeon just laughed again. But there's not even a sign that he's laughing. He returned back to his work.

After laughing, Jiyeon just sighed, and stared at Luhan. 'Hmmm..' she thought.

"Tell me about Jei," she became curious.

"There's nothing to know," Luhan frowned, still facing at the frog.

"You know, if I were your girlfriend," Jiyeon said. This caught Luhan's attention, he ceased from whatever he's doing, but he did not remove his sight from the frog. He was simply pretending that he's doing something, but he's really listening. Jiyeon continued, "I would break up with you because you're cold. No offense."

'I finally said it!' she thought. She's really annoyed with Luhan's attitude. She thinks there should be someone straightforward to his attitude, maybe there would be a chance that he changes his attitude. But of course, she felt bad that she said that.

"None taken," Luhan coldly said. Luhan's still a person, and yes, he was hurt from what Jiyeon said.

Breaking the ice, someone was calling Luhan's phone. So, Luhan removed his gloves and took his phone from the pocket of his jacket.

"Hello?" Luhan stood up from his position. "What's wrong, Jei?"

This caught Jiyeon's attention when she heard Jei's name.

"Oh really? Now?" Luhan kinda chuckled. And rushed to the kitchen with the final words which Jiyeon heard, "I gotta tell you something."

Jiyeon's eyes rounded in surprise. "Luhan chuckled?" she mouthed. And this made her more curious, so she took a peek at the kitchen from her seat, but she could not see him nor hear him since the kitchen's pretty far from the living room.

Jiyeon heart sank. For unknown reason, Jiyeon felt somewhat upset or something. 'THERE'S NO WAY I'M JEALOUS!!!' she thought.

She breathes deeply. 'Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.'

'Let's just be happy for him that he looks happy with Jei, alright, Jiyeon?' and this thought made more Jiyeon breathe not so properly. She shook her head to get her focus back.

"Woooh. Focus Jiyeon," she whispered to herself and stick her eyes to the laptop's screen. She finally found the skeletal system of the frog and paste it to a file. Then she suddenly heard Luhan laughed so hard. So this made Jiyeon take a peep to the kitchen once again. And there she saw Luhan smiling while talking to his phone with his other hand on his hips.

"All right, all right. See you. Bye," Luhan finally bids his goodbye to Jei. And starts walking back to the living room.

Jiyeon gasped and panicked and tried to bring her focus back to her work. Her hands were shaking and her heart's beating fast. "I-I-I am almost done," she said stuttering.

"A'right. Connect it to my portable printer over there."

Jiyeon followed his order. She suddenly felt distant against Luhan. "Ch-Cheogi, won't she be jealous?"

He scoffed, "She's not like that. She's pretty open-minded." And for unknown reason, Luhan sighed.

Jiyeon sighed. "Oh."

While the file was on the process of printing, she thought, 'That's right, a man's attitude change when he's with someone special.'

Jiyeon took a deep breath and sighed. 'You flirtly gal,' she mocked herself, 'Jealous or not, you know you can't interfere with a man who's in a relationship. Psh'

Jiyeon became gloomy all of the sudden throughout the day, even they've successfully finished the project for no concrete reason. Even Luhan kinda tried entertaining or talking to Jiyeon because he's not used to the gloomy Jiyeon.

When she got back to the dormitories, she lay down to her bed and checks her phone. Her selca with Kai is the only thing that's making her smile as of the moment.

-----------------------------------

A/N:  I'm sorry for the late and short update. Woooooh. What a chapter. This was not a great day for me, so it may have affected the way this chapter was written. Mehe.

HOPING FOR MORE AWESOME COMMENTS :((( Because it's mainly the reason why I update frequently. I want to hear your feedbacks--it's like my medicine. Mehehehe