"Lola stepped in to model for me." Victoria said, perhaps feeling left out of the conversation.
"And a great job she did." David added, raising his champagne glass in my direction.
"Ah, so you're the young lady who saved the day." The small mixed race man leaned forward in the awkward circle we're all standing in. "I've been looking forward to meeting you this evening."
"Erm, hi." I smiled at him, not entirely sure who he was or why he was looking forward to meeting me.

"Lola," Victoria explained, "my boss, Felix Chesire. He helps run Victoria Beckham Designs." Felix smiled at me again, adjusting his glasses.
I looked to my left to see Mum chatting with David and Oliver about the hotel food standard or something.
Turning back to my own conversation, I saw that both Victoria and Felix were looking at me expectantly.
"And I come into this..." I said after a moment, feeling rude but unable to understand what I had to do with anything.
"Felix saw a picture of you this morning." Victoria gushed, her cheeks glowing with enthusiasm. "He thinks you'd be a great face of my new collection!"
"Darling, it was a class performance." Felix shook his head with delight.

"Wait, what do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Well, if you're up to the job, we'd love you to become a model for Victoria Beckham Designs!" Victoria exclaimed, looking at Felix and then back to me.
There was a few moments of silence as I took it in, and then Felix broke it.
"So, what d'ya say?" He said eagerly, through a mouthful of salmon vol au vent.
"Um, I'm not really sure to be honest." I said, truthfully.
Victoria tutted sadly. "What a shame, I really thought you'd love to."
"No! No I would!" I said. "It's just..."

"What's the problem?" Felix asked gently.

I took a breath, and a sip of champagne.
"Aren't models always seen as having no personality? You know, paid for being pretty, all you do is stand there and people take pictures of you?" I finally said.

"No, no!" Cried Victoria and Felix.
"It's more than that." Felix assured me. "It's not a photo shoot, it's a performance. It's about the relationship, the connection between you and the camera."

"He's right." Victoria nodded. "I mean, look at Cara Delevigne. She's one of the most famous models in the world, but she's a great actress too. Actually, she's here tonight somewhere." Victoria looked around, searching the crowds with her eyes.

"Still don't want to be a model?" Felix laughed.

"Okay." I breathed. "I'll give it a go."

"Excellent!" said Victoria. I turned to go, find Aunt Sally or someone.

As I walked away, I overheard Victoria and Felix still talking.
"What a daaaaarling."
"I knew you'd love her."
I kept on walking, and before I knew it I was right over the other side of the ballroom, near some double doors that led to the toilets. I thought after sipping champagne all evening I should go to the toilet, and probably check my makeup too.
I opened the swinging door to find a gaggle of women pouting in the mirror. After doing my business and reapplying my lip gloss (lots of it was lost on the champagne glass), I decided to get back to the party.

Upon opening the door, I found there was a sheet of frosted glass, with some stairs behind it. I was about to walk back out into the grand ballroom when I discerned movement behind me. I spun round, almost breaking my ankle in my heels.
"Hello?" I called uncertainly. Being as curious (or nosy) as I am, I thought I'd go and investigate.
There was a door on the end of the frosted glass. I pulled it. Hmm, locked. Oh, it was a push door. I sighed. Typical me.
The door creaked open as I pushed it and I found an empty flight of stairs, with a corner at the top, like you get in a block of flats.
"Hello?" I said again.
Someone was moving at the top of the stairs, round the corner, I was sure of it.
Nervously, I climbed the stairs carefully in my platform heels, one hand on my clutch bag and the other on the railing attached to the wall.
At the top of the stairs, I turned to corner to find...

That's it for that chapter guys! And yes, you may have noticed, my new story 'Runaway' is now up. Chapter 1 will be coming soon.
I got a notification from Wattpad the other day to tell me my story is taking off! Thank you guys sooooo much for reading, voting and commenting!
In honour of London Fashion Week (where 'Stop Me' is set), I am opening a contest to win two things.

1. A character created around yourself in Runaway.
2. Your cover being used for Runaway.

Here's all you need to do to enter:
1. Create a cover for 'Runaway' and post it on your profile as a story (you don't need to write anything). I will include some details about the story as a chapter in the book, so you have some ideas as what to include in your cover.
2. Vote for this chapter of 'Stop Me', and the contest chapter of 'Runaway'.
3. Comment when you've done 1 and 2 on this chapter of 'Stop Me', the contest chapter of 'Runaway', or post a message on my page.

I am closing the contest on the 1st of October 2015.
The main rule is: HAVE FUN!
Xx
Fluuctuate