Dog Tags H2OVanoss

Start from the beginning

Jonathan's phone was ringing bring him out of his thoughts. He looked at his phone and it was his close friend/brother Luke. He answered the phone getting the worried sound of his brother.

"Jonathan are you okay please tell me you're not at work," he said as Jonathan worked at the towers himself.

"No they let me the day off," he said looking at his burning building.

"That's good and what about Evan," he said and Jonathan started to shake.

"No he went to work today he's probably already down there putting out the flames," he said as he looked at the firefighters already there.

"Yeah I hope he's okay," Luke said making Jonathan nod his head absently.

"Me too Luke me too."

~1 hr and a half later~

Already heard of other planes being hijacked. Evan made his fourth trip on the North Tower. He is looking for his best friend Tyler who works in the same building as Jonathan. He knows that it's under where the plane hit but he just need to find him.

Evan looks at his watch and it shows the time 10:15. He heard someone screaming for help and he raced to it. He reached a lock door and knocked it down. Inside was several people trapped inside but more importantly Tyler.

"Thank god you came," Tyler said as Evan reached his side.

"I know and just in time," he said giving some air to some of the people trapped.

"Okay everyone just follow me to the exit," Evan commanded and slowly the people started to get up.

Evan started to leave the group to the entrance when he met another fellow firefighter around floor 31.

"Hey take them down while I quickly search for more survivors," Evan said making his fellow firefighter look at him.

"Fong you're crazy this tower can collapse any minute," he said trying to convince Evan of this crazy idea.

"I have to man I don't want this guilty conscience that I could have saved more," he said making him nod his head.

Tyler looked back as his best friend as he was pushed with the crowd to the entrance. He had a gut feeling that this would be the last time he ever saw him and just stared at him hard.

Evan trudged back up the stairs more determinedly as he didn't bother to check at the time on his watch. And soon at 10:28 am the first tower collapsed following its twin to the ground.

Jonathan waited at his home for a call. He waited for Evan to call him to see if he was alright to see if he made it fine. Around 11:30 in the morning he heard a knock on his door. He excitedly ran to the door and opened it. He frowned at who it was. It was Tyler and the general.

"Are you Jonathan Denis Fong," he said making me nod my head.

"I'm sorry but why are you here and Tyler where is Evan," He said making Tyler look away.

"That's what I'm here to tell you Jonathan.... Evan Fong didn't make it out alive," the general said making Jonathan's heart stop.

"You're joking right," he said making him shake his head no.

"All we found was this," The general said showing the dog tags Jonathan gave him this morning.

"Ohh my god," he screamed and dropped to his knees in tears.

"I'm sorry Jonathan I should have stopped him but he went on ahead and here was no time for me to tell him not to go. I should have went with him," Tyler said punching the wall.

"Thank you for this officer," Jonathan said taking the dog tags and putting it around his neck.

"Sorry for your loss," he said and left.

"I'm sorry dude," Tyler said and left to probably go and tell Craig that he was fine.

Jonathan's POV:

I look at the dog tags around my neck and I cried my heart out. The man who I should have convinced to stay home had died. Well to be honest he would still go out their and try to help. I hold the dog tags in my hand and I see he names that I carved into them.

I look back out the window to see the smoke slowly go away and to show back the bright blue sky that was there. Evan Fong, the love of my life, who was a hero to many. You will always be remembered. I love you.

Well I can honestly say that I cried writing this. Just thinking about all those people who died trying to save others kudos to them and everyone else.

Remember this day like any other the day our country had changed. If I made you cry sorry I made myself cry to

With lots of love 💛

Dially

Brofish