Eternity|Chapter 27

"Anika?!" I shrieked, covering my mouth in shock. I'm pretty sure my eyes displayed hurt because Anika's eyes immediately softened and guilt filled her pretty hazel eyes that I used to die for. 

But they no longer screamed 'beautiful' to me. They screamed 'b!tch'. 

"M-Melissa. This was the Alex you dated? I uh.. Never knew!" She lied. 

"Oh, as far as I know, you had long term memory. You two met at.. Let me see. A restaurant that sells pizza - I don't remember because I have short term memory. Anyways, you two became enemies. Don't lie to me, you pathetic b!tch!" I spat. Her eyes widened and her head turned to the floor in guilt.

"Congrats, I hope you have the ugliest baby!" I screamed, stalking away.

Well, that was done at least.

≈Ω≈Ω≈Ω≈

Here comes the scary part.

Confessing.

I hate the fact that when you confess, it always turns out the wrong way. Like it is right now. 

"Jake.. I.. L-" I start. I was planning on telling him I lost the deal and I like him. What's the point of continuing to lie? It won't get me anywhere. 

Hey, but on the bright side, at least I don't love him. 

"Oooooooh, you loath me? Oh babe, I've heard that before." He smirked, cocking his head to the side. 

"First of all, don't call me babe. Second of all, that wasn't what I was going to say. I was going to say I li-" 

"Ooh, you want to lick me? Aww, I'm flattered!" He giggled in a girl voice, putting a hand to his heart.

"JESUS! NO! Can you listen to what I'm trying to say!? Stop making this hard for me! I said, I lik-" I repeated, once  again cut off. 

"You like cupcakes? Ooh, me too!" 

"NOOOO!" I screamed in frustration before rubbing my temple. "I'm saying it this last time! I. Like. Y-" 

"You like yo-yo's! Oh, I used to love playing them!" He cried. I gritted my teeth and did my best to kill him through a glare. 

"Okay, okay! I'll shut up!" He rolled his eyes and held his hands up in surrender.

"Too late. Figure it out." I snapped. 

"Please?" He asked, giving me his adorable puppy dog eyes.

"I like you okay?!" I blurted out, covering my mouth when I finished blurting it out.

"YES!" He cheered, hugging me tightly. 

"I-I'm suffffffoooocccccaatttinnnng!" I drawled, trying to catch my breath. He let go slightly and pulled back a bit to look in my eyes. I stared back into his light brown eyes intensely and saw a flash of adoration appear in his eyes. 

"I like you too Melissa." He smiled as he continued to stare in my eyes. 

"How do I know you're not playing with my heart and mind hm?" I retort suspiciously.

"Because." He replied, leaning down to kiss me. Our lips touched and immediately, I kissed him back.

After about a minute or two (I lost count, sadly), we pulled away and let our foreheads touch.

"I'll pick you up at 8. Wear running shoes!"

"HEY! I don't get a choice?" 

"No."