Eternity|Chapter 25

⚾︎JAKE'S POV⚾︎

I ran a hand through my hair before knocking on Melissa's door.

Ironic, I know. 

"He- What the hell Jake?!" She shrieked, covering her mouth in shock. I actually have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Okay. So let me explain this to you.

≈Ω≈2 Hours Earlier≈Ω≈

"Bro, it's time you stepped up and did something to make Melissa fall for you." Ryan suggested, playing Beat MP3 on his phone. I steered the car to the other lane and looked at him through the corner of my eye.

"Yeah, I kissed her and it didn't turn out that well.." I trailed off, my mind shooting back to that scenario. 

"Do something sweet. Forcing someone to kiss you is- Oh my Geeeeez! Noooo! My 450 chain is brokeeennn!" He wailed, sounding very much like a girl. 

"Man, you sound like a girl." I shook my head, laughing slightly. Ryan was right. I should do something for Melissa.

"Actually, doing something for her sounds good. What should I do though?" I wondered, deep in thought. He told me the plan and I followed it, immediately dropping him off on his doorstep and then driving to the shops. I bought a beautiful necklace and got back in my car to drive back to my house. Saying the necklace is beautiful was an understatement; it was amazing. It was made out of silver jewels and had a heart attached to it. Inside the heart was a glimmering blue diamond. 

Once I arrived my house, I ran upstairs.

"What happened to your 'Hey Mom!'?" My mom called from the kitchen, making the tsk tsk sound. 

"Gone! I'm buuuusssy!" 

"Too busy for your mom? The woman who gave birth to you?" My mom dramatically gasped. I rolled my eyes although I knew she couldn't see me and changed out of my sweaty clothes and into a roll up shirt and a pair of jeans. I slipped on some my favourite running shoes and ran out of the house, heading to Melissa's house.

Here come's nothing. 

≈Ω≈Now≈Ω≈

"Hey Melissa." I smirked at her, shifting from foot to foot, not allowing her to see my nervousness. 

"Hi..?" She stuttered, her hand still covering her mouth.

Okay, nervous is a understatement. I'm literally shaking from my nervousness. 

God, please help. 

♡Melissa's POV♡

I heard a knock on my door and immediately, I ran to the door to open it. I put on my best smile and opened the door. 

"He- What the hell Jake?!" I shrieked, covering my mouth to prevent him from seeing my gaping mouth. 

"Hey Melissa." He smirked. I could see his nervous shifting but decided not to mention it. 

"Hi..?" I muttered, keeping my hand over my mouth.;

All of a sudden, he pulled out a gun. 

Nah, I'm kidding.

He pulled out a black box. 

Wait, is he proposing to me?

"W-What?" I stuttered, my eyes wider than saucers. His mouth opened and closed before he opened the box and revealed a shimmering diamond necklace that called out to me. 

It was beyond beautiful. 

"I-I.. What in the name of God are you doing?" I asked, recovering from shock and regaining my posture. He didn't say anything and took out the necklace delicately, careful not to break it. He opened the chain and put it around my neck, pushing my hair aside.