Chapter II (REVISED)

Claire POV

My jaw hangs open in astonishment. "I-I b-beg your pardon?" is all I can manage to say.

"Claire, by order of your aunt, Queen Victoria, You and I shall be married someday."

Ciel is my age, fifteen. His hair is dark as night, and it has a somewhat blue-ish tint. It is cut short, but his bangs hang down in his eyes. Ciel wears an eye-patch over his right eye, for reasons that are unknown to me. His other eye is the sparkling blue color of a sapphire. His skin is incredibly smooth, and his complexion is that of a china doll. He is roughly four inches taller than me, and it is quite apparent that, unlike myself, Ciel is no where near finished growing.

We sit in silence, staring at each other. It feels as though he is trying to gauge me.

I am the first to speak, "What of my engagement to the Viscount Druitt, and yours to the Marquis of Midford's daughter, Elizabeth Midford?"

"The Queen has decided that Liz- I mean Elizabeth will marry Alois Trancy, (yes I know Alois died but I kinda need him for the story and I needed to do something with Elizabeth) the Earl of Trancy. As to what will happen to Druitt," Ciel shudders when he says his name, "is none of my concern." Ciel states coldly.

"Um, Ciel?"

"Yes, Claire?"

"Well, where am I going to live? I know that our estate was left to my older brother. I am quite sure that Samuel will never take me in..."

"You are to live at my estate, with me."

"When are we to be married?" I ask this because I know I can never marry a man who is so cold and distant. I am hoping that there will be time for us to get to know each other, and maybe even fall in love.

"Oh, not until we are of age, of course. It will give us time to learn about one another, and adjust to living together."

Ciel has a distant look in his eye.

"Ciel-"

"Hunh- Yes, uh, my, Claire you startled me."

"How much longer until I am allowed to leave?"

"Well, I will be here in the morning to pick you up. It is quite late, and you need your rest. I will be off now."

"Good night Ciel."

"Good night Claire."