Chapter I (REVISED)

A/N Hey guys! Just so your  know I am Caroline-chan. I am a real person, and I have a life. I will do my best to update as often as possible, but don't hate me if it takes a few days, I have dun dun dun... SCHOOL! This is my first legit story so, most likely it's; A) going to be really bad, B) have a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes, and C) have super short Chapters. Please be patient with me I'm learning. So with out further ado, your story;

BTW this chapter is dedicated to Lionzaremybae !!! Thanks for convincing me to write again!

Claire POV

I slowly open my eyes. My vision remains dark and hazy. Every sound echoes through my head and sends a sharp, burning sensation through out my whole body. As my senses start to awaken, I begin to taste my sweet, metallic blood, and I jaggedly inhale the musk of rain. Once my vision partially clears, I see it, the blood, that is. The blood is everywhere. It is on my clothes, the street, even on my hands. The thick, crimson liquid emanates from a shallow stab wound in my lower abdomen. I whirl my head around, desperately searching for my parents. When I find them, Mother and Father are sprawled out on the ground. It is quite clear to me that they are dead. Mother and father are surrounded by an ocean of blood. Frantically, I call out for help, but no sound comes.

Then I see him. It is obvious from his clothing that, like me, this boy is a noble. He seems to be the same age as I, fifteen. He kneels down, and tenderly holds my head in the crook of his arm. Suddenly he shouts, "Sebastian! Catch them, that is an order! I will stay here, with Claire." A man in black tail coat races by in a blur. The handsome boy looks down and gently assures me, "Claire, it will be alright. Sebastian and I are here now." Then I faint, my head is resting on his lap. My body can no longer endure the pain and my mind can no longer endure the stress.

- Le Time Skip - Brought to you by; Grell's Deathly Efficient Custom Death Scythe!

I wake with a jolt. I brashly attempt to sit up, but it causes so much pain that I am forced to whimper. I glance down at my stomach, the obvious source of my pain, but it is bandaged up. I suspect that I have been in surgery. I close my eyes again.

"Well, hello Lady Claire." His voice resonates in my head. His tone is both cocky and caring. I wonder how achieves that sound.

"I-I b-beg your p-pard-d-don, b-but where am I?" My body is trembling along with my voice.

"Sebastian, please excuse us for a minute." His voice is smoother than silk, but it is colder than the London winter.

"Yes, my Lord." replies an elegant yet manly voice.

Once I hear the door close, I reopen my eyes. "Lady Claire," He continues, "I regret that I have to be the one to inform of you of this, but you are in the Royal London Hospital." His voice bears only a note of sympathy.

I turn to look at him. The source of the noble voice is an adolescent boy. I recognize his face immediately. Though I have not the slightest clue as to who he is, or where I know him from.

"Why am I here? Where are Mother and Father? Who are you?" I question him urgently. I do not remember anything from the past few days.

"You are here because you received surgery on the stab wound in your lower stomach. It was inflicted upon you in an attack two days ago, both of your parents died in it. As to your third question, I am Earl Ciel Phantomhive, and as of five days ago, and by order of the Queen, your Aunt, I am also your betrothed." He stated this shocking news with out an ounce of emotion.