II

Nathan's POV

We arrived at our destination. We were back at Pickhill in the garden of Julia's house. We laid the three bodies there... along with Max's head, which laid above his neck. It's not the easiest sight to gaze upon when it's your best mate in that position.

I laid Heather down onto the ground. She kept her eyes on me, and I kept mine on her. "It's the soul mate bond starting up again," Phoebe said walking up to Heather. "She can't stop thinking of you and you can't stop thinking of her. You're both mesmerized by each other. Maybe this way she'll remember you."

"Because she's in someone else's body, she won't remember anything about her actual life?"

"I wouldn't call it a life considering that she was a hopeless vampire, but yeah."

"She's in pain, Phoebe. Fix her already," Julia ordered.

Phoebe rolled her eyes. She got down on her knees while next to Heather and placed both hands onto her stomach. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Slowly, she traced her hands around Heather's stomach and then came to a halt. Heather closed her eyes.

Phoebe's eyes reopened and she stared at Heather, anticipating a response. "When healing a person, a witch needs herbs. But since I'm currently containing so much power, I doubt I need anything."

I could hear Heather's rib cage repairing itself. Phoebe removed her hands from Heather and stood back up. "She'll be fine," she said.

"Great! Now focus on getting her soul back into her own body and bringing back Jay and Max," Julia ordered.

"You better watch the way you're talking to me. I don't obey anyone but the almighty."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Can you just do it?"

"I'm not going to raise anyone from the dead."

"Why not?" I asked. "Come on. Please do this! We need the boys back," I whined.

"You have absolutely no idea about what you are requesting. Raising someone from the dead brings about horrid things."

"Like what?"

"Ghosts that can harm the person who's resurrected, and possibly the people around them, bring about a slightly or completely different personality, and don't even get me started about upsetting the balance of nature."

"Alright. I give up. There's no hope. The boys are gone, and we can't bring them back."

"Yes we can, and we will," said Julia. "And if Phoebe here won't do it, she can say goodbye to her family."

"You don't know my family or their whereabouts!" Phoebe shot back.

Julia gave a mischievous smile. "Or do I?"

"You don't!"

"I've gotten around a lot during my years of being a vampire. I've learned a lot too. And you know what else? I met a lot of people, especially witches. They've always been on top of my list for people to know and use. Because you have such a strong bloodline, your ancestors, you, and your family have always been in my sights. In fact, I've even gotten help from your great grandmother."

"Well, I'm not my great grandmother or anyone before and after her. I'm me, and I don't know why you vampires don't see or understand that."

"Oh no honey, you're the one who's misunderstanding it all. Your ancestors are apart of you; every inch of you. You obtain their power, which is a tiny bit of their soul. Yes you are you, but not completely."

Phoebe took her gaze off of Julia. Her face gave off a look of contemplation. "Yes, you should believe me," Julia said. Phoebe looked at her in astonishment. "Yes I can read minds," Julia answered to her thoughts. "Now do as I say and bring the boys back."