"Three more bucks for me not to tell mom you paid me," Luke whispered.

"You are too much like me," Kai whispered back. "Fine. Ten all together."

"Mwahahahaha," Luke cackled. Kai rolled his eyes.

"Dad," Noah yelled running in.

"What is it?" Cole asked.

"Mom said that I need a bath."

"And?"

"I don't wanna take a bath!" He whined. "I'm the master of earth! Aren't I supposed to be dirty?"

"That's not what that means, kiddo," Cole laughed. "Sorry."

"Aw," Noah groaned. "Can't Conor take my bath? He likes baths!"

"Nope, now go do as your mother says," Cole said.

"I swear it's like pulling teeth," Amaya said walking into the room. "Go get in the bath, Noah!"

"Okay," Noah said sadly. "If I take my bath do I get cake?"

"No," Cole and Amaya said in unison.

"Fine," he grumbled.

"Master of earth? Supposed to be dirty?" Jay whooped. He was dying of laughter. "Gotta admit, that was a good point."

"Shut up, Jay," Cole laughed.

They were all laughing when they heard glass shatter upstairs. They looked at each other alarmed and hurried upstairs.

"What was that?" Jay yelled worriedly.

Xavier was standing in the hallway and a vase was shattered on the floor in front of him.

"I'm sorry," Xavier said softly. "I don't know what came over me. I was perfectly fine and then all of a sudden I got angry."

Lloyd's breath caught in his throat. Xavier noticed and gave his dad a funny look.

"Xavier, we need to talk," Lloyd said quietly.

"I'm sorry I broke the-"

"It's not about the vase," Lloyd said. "It's something I should've told you sooner. Come downstairs."

Xavier followed his dad worriedly. He wasn't worried about the vase anymore. There was something in his father's voice that made him nervous.

"Sit," Lloyd said pointing to the kitchen table. Xavier did so an Lloyd sat across from him. "Do you remember when you were attacked by the Druid?"

"Yes," Xavier said. "How could I forget?"

"Well when you were er-um- well conceived, I had been poisoned by Great Devourer Venom."

"Mom's told us the story," Xavier nodded.

"Because of that you were born with some darkness," Lloyd said. "Your sister seemed unaffected but you weren't."

"Ya, that's how I got my power," Xavier said making his hands glow a deep purple.

"Yes, but you were born with more than just that," Lloyd explained. "You were born with the affects of the venom. Same affects as your grandfather not me."

"Dad, what are you saying?" Xavier asked. His heart clenched in fear.

"You fought off that darkness but not permanently," Lloyd continued. "The Druid used magic to awaken it. Ronin said he could stop it for ten years. Then it would begin to take affect again."

"It's been ten years," Xavier said quietly. "So you're telling me that I'm turning into a monster?!"

"No, you are strong," Lloyd said choking on his words. "Fight it like my father and I did."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Xavier choked.

"I didn't know how," Lloyd said. Xavier almost felt angry but he saw the deep pain in his father's eyes.

"I guess I wouldn't know how to tell my kid that either," Xavier conceded.

"I'm sorry," Lloyd said. "this is going to he very hard for you but you have lots of support. You have your family! Our family is huge! There are five...ten...fifteen...twenty...twenty-seven of us! Holy crap....I didn't even realize there were that many of us."

"Dad, stay on subject," Xavier said sarcastically.

"Ya sorry," Lloyd said. "We will support you. Now that the darkness has started again we can analyze it and find a way to cure it. Besides it took almost twenty years for my father's venom to take affect."

"I'll fight it, Dad," Xavier said. "I will fight it."

"I know you will, Son."

;A/n- You guys know what I just realized!? I've written three whole books in one month and two days!! :O and that's with days I didn't update! Holy cow!! Anyway hope you enjoyed! Poor Xavier! :'( -LL_17