mourning and memories

Helena pov

I awoke as we entered the fort, it was my safe haven for a short time, now that the order is gone though, maybe it's time to move on. Then again all the hunters are gone, with exception of the twelve that have turned into the task force for Gretha.

Would any of the caravan even want to leave? We don't even have a clear keeper, Laila took up the job for a bit, then it passed to me when I arrived, but I don't actually know know anything about being a full blown leader. I've been pretty much following Gretha, yennefer, and Adaya this whole time, and thats because I'm more of a specialist. Traps, and a sword. Those are my two qualities, I haven't actually led anyone. I think I'll try to have them stay, if the clan wants to that is.

I looked up as we stopped next to Adayas house, Yennefer and Sasha moved to unload Adaya and myself. I lightly dropped myself to the ground and hugged Sasha. "I thought you would die for sure, are you ok? Everything still intact?"

She laughed. "Far more so than your self Keeper. Come, lets get you inside." At the moment I'm just glad at least one person whom I count as close is alive, Sasha and I grew up together. when the clan was full and still a traveling caravan, we were inseprable while I specialize in trapping she specializes in actual hunting, she was also a talker.

Once when we were younger we actually crossed paths with a rather large group rangers, they weren't all too happy to have fallen into one of my traps and when Sasha and I got there they were going to capture us, which they did. But while I was busy cutting my ropes, she was speaking to the guard, about halfway through my cutting the guard came and cut me loose. She still won't tell me what she said.

I sat on the bed in a makeshift infirmary. Adaya lay on the one next to me still asleep. Artunous said it should be another day or so. I was still there because when I tried to run I tore the wound open again successfully making it another two days before I'm supposed to go running around.

Liya Sat next to Adaya pouring the liquid in her mouth to keep her hydrated and also to keep her from starving to death.

Gretha had left off for the castle to resume his duties, even though he should be apointing another, like Yennefer, who hasn't just lost every freind they have.

Yennefer made the third bed up for herself, in case there's any progress with Adaya.

Artunous left to the gates to ensure we had sufficient deffenses set.

Now that I think on it, the past three weeks have taken a lot of what my father would call our round table, the people who have been working together to ensure the people of the fort stay safe.

First was Duncan he was the very first, then came Laila, Haren, and Garen. All at the same time, I mourned for my brother and sister, yes Garen was a good friend and I mourn him as well but he was not my family that I grew up with, he was not my blood that I thought I would protect no matter the cost.

"Helena? Are you ok?" Yennefer stood by the door, I was a little confused at the question when a tear fell from my cheek to my hand. I was crying, another reason I didn't want to sit here, I think too much when I'm sitting still.

"I'm fine, just thinking when I shouldn't be." Yennefer came and sat beside me.

"Lena, I know what your going through, in fact I suspect over half the wood elves in all of Garthalan know what your going through. So if you ever need to talk about it, or just share a son story, I'm listening. Ok?"

Lena, my dad used to call me that when I needed to calm down. Surprisingly it actually made me happy to hear it again. "Thanks Yennefer, but right now I just need some time, I'm not even sure that my heart has actually accepted the fact that they're gone yet. I'll come to you when I'm ready." I would probably never be ready though, the heart is a fragile thing, yet it was stubborn as well, I'm not sure that it would ever let me accept that I'll never see them again.

When we die, it is only our bodies that do so Lena, when I'm gone take heart in the fact that we will see each other again, we will see each other in a world where there is no killing, no jealousy, no pointless wars. My father's words rang in my ears, he told me that when I didn't listen and decided to stay behind and fight the order with him. Those words have kept me from accepting his death as well, though now it's lonely here.

Gretha pov

"...We should also throw a party for the soldiers, we have won this war with the capital and the men deserve some time to just let loose." I was barely listening as Lewis spoke, my mind was still at the capital watching that demon throw Garen off the walls.

"Make sure there are always guards on patrol, I don't want another incedint like last time."

"Yes, of course Commander." He left me to my thoughts. I came back to work to avoid this so I left to find something to help with.

It was almost ten minutes before I finally found some men repairing a house, I joined them. The next five hours were spent putting tiles on the roof and touching up the sides. Now it's nearing darkness though so I head for my bed, lets hope I just don't dream tonight.

Adaya pov

I sorted through my thoughts and emotions, I have to know what all was damaged by the creature, so far it was my brothers face, as well as my feelings for him. there was someone I was caring for at the house but cannot remember who or why, it's not Liya I remember her just fine, my thoughts and feelings must've been too hard to get to. Garen, I remember his name, but not how we met, I still loved him and was anxious to get back to him, almost as much as I was anxious to see my sister again. I still remember all my powers, and actually discovered that how to use them without using my hands. I can't remember where I left the necklace I will have to find that for sure...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I had another name thought up this mornin but just can't remember what it was, must've been horrible if I forgot though right?

The book is nearing the end, it will slow down for now but I will not be going past five more chapters. In case you haven't noticed I'm not good at endings, nor do I like them, but I will do my best to make it a good one. If you have any suggestions for it pm me pls, it would be a tremendous help.