Discoveries

Duncan pov

Danielle. that was the name of the girl who decided to decorate the tunnels. the girl I spoke with now.

"Can you hand me that chisel, the small one with the hook?" She pointed to a table I looked at the various tools, they were not rough ones like we used to build the tunnels. they were small made for presicion and for the job she had taken up, patience. I grabbed the one she described and brought it to her.

"So tell me about how you knew me and the others native language." I leaned against the wall watching her work.

"Im not really sure how to explain it.......I can......" she looked up thinking of the right words to explain. "Essence. I can see your essence. It lets me know your name, where you came from, your favorite thing to do, then how you ussually act around people. that's all I can see but my ability is a little stronger than the others, but you have have to look into my eyes and not fight it." she grabbed another chisel it was even smaller it looked more like a pick, then moved back to her price of the wall. "most don't fight, mostly because they cannot feel it, but others, like your leader, Commander Gretha, he could feel what was happening, I had to convince his soul to open, he did not let me in as much as I'd like, but I did get what I needed for his part."

"so what you can read our minds if we look in your eyes?" that really did freak me out a bit, just the thought of it.

"No, it's not mind reading, I get a glimpse at your soul, it tells me about you, not what's on your mind."

"whats the difference?"

"if I were reading your mind I'd be able to see what you planned, what youd do, what you did. I speak with the soul, it tells me about you, why you do things, what drives you and things that bring you sorrow. I try not to listen to those parts, it makes me feel as bad as if it had happened to you."

"so not mind reading then. that makes me feel a lot better. who are you working on there?" I asked pointing to the place she was on now, it looked like the start of a horse.

"I cannot tell you. A person's soul Is a private place, you must ask them yourself if your that curious." she never looked away from the carving intent on getting every detail.

"Well that's ok, I need to go."

"don't forget to come back sometime, I like having someone to speak with while I work and everyone else is busy it seems."

"I can do that, I'll be back."

Adaya pov

"ok so I found that if I push my fingers in the ground I can control the greenery." I showed Laila as I told her pushing my fingers in the ground and willing a tree to sway it branches. we had walked out to a field to avoid a rerun of the courtyard.
" Also too if I gain enough control over it I can control all my powers without even moving"

"Is this what you got from the necklace?" Laila sat down watching the tree away until I stopped it and sat next to her.

"yes, it gave me enough knowhow to start out with but there's still so much more for me to find,I have to go to whatever land I am tied to in my powers. I am excited and freaked out by this at the same time I mean I have powers, but at the same time I have powers!" I flopped on my back looking at the sky.

" Adaya. you know you and your sisters are heirs to the thrown in the Dales it's not much now, but you could bring all of us back to one clan again, make everything right, stop the order of majora from wiping us out." Laila seemed enthusiastic but me, I was a mix of scared to death at this new information I'm some kind of royalty now! I can hardly keep my manners in check as is, how am I spost to be some royal stuck up..... my thought were cut off by a hand waving in face. "Hey, you ok?" I looked at her the horror plain on my face.

"I can't do anything like that, I can't be a royal, I can hardly even keep track of my sister as is, and there's no way I'm staying in a castle....." I put my head in my hands this was getting to be too much.

Laila lay a hand on my back, it was idly comforting, "silly girl, you would be queen, you could stay wherever you wanted, we could all keep traveling or make a village. We would be under your watch which means we would go wherever you think best for us. Not to mention you'd get your own pick of the boys." I looked up at that last part, it had a smile fighting it's way past my tears.

"While that all sounds appealing, I will have to do some thinking on it...could you give me some time to myself?" She nodded her head and got up to leave. "oh and Laila. Thanks, for helping me with all this and listening to my ramblings." She inclined her head and moved on. And I became lost in thought.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This chapter was mainly written for the first part, about Danielle. I don't want y'all thinking they're mind readers so I explained it the best I could. Thank you all for reading and voting, if you find a part with bad grammer just don't give it any mind, it will be fixed as I edit the finnished product.