The King Of The Capitol

Adaya pov

The man in his fancy robes that looked to be very hard maneuver in walked down from a fully golden throne. I drew my bowstring back but missed the posh bastard by inches when the shadow hit me in the back.

I twisted around hittting him with my bow, it broke on contact sending the shadow toppeling over a vase. I drew my shortsword as a few dozen guards revealed themselves from behind the pillars. All holding long spears, all dressed in golden armour.

I laughed as I thought of a posh army. " You know. Whoever you are, I think this is the first time I've ever seen a true golden army. Does their skill match their glamour?" I glanced to the posh man hiding behind the thrown.

"Do not kill her. We still haven't gotten what we need."

Just then a spear sliced the air cutting my ear. I grabbed it before he could pull it back and sent it glacing off the armour of the man in front of me. He thrust his spear, which I dodged but it opened me to a blow from behind again. I stumbled forward almost into another spear, it moved last minute and I ran into a gaurd. It felt like hitting a rock. I attemted to stab him but a hand grabbed mine. The shadow. He yanked the sword from my grip as the others grabbed my other arm and legs, I managed to bite a hand freeing my own long enough to hit the shadow sending blood spirting from his nose. My hand was recaptured.

"Take her to the mages." The posh man spoke smoothly as though his guards were not holding a struggling prisoner. A fist came down on my stomach, then again on my cheek.

"Little birch! I'll kill you!" The shadow had his dagger drawn now. He was restrained by one of the guards.

Helena pov

"Where did he take her? This is the last time I ask you." I watched as the commander attempted to get answers from Jenalon. He had nearly beat him to death by this point.

"I tell you what. The day I know what happened and you have me at swordpoint is the day I still won't tell you what happened." Gretha hit him again.

I stepped up. "Allow me sir. I've dealt with his kind before." Gretha backed away allowing me to step in front.

I pulled my sword and took a few steps back and threw it. It hit next to his head. "Crazy ass wood elf! You won't get anything from me if I'm dead!"

"Then tell me where she is." I drew a hatchet and sent it into his thigh.

"Ahhh!" He attempted to escape his bonds as I drew my dagger.

" This is my last throw." I reared back aiming for his throat.

"Wait! Wait. That looked like shade. He's the kings personal shadow. He probably took her to the palace dungeons." I threw the dagger sticking it in the wall next to his head.

Garen pov

I awoke as the doors outside my cell burst open. Carrying a struggling girl in the middle. I could not tell who, but she was unceremoniously thrown into the cell adjacent to my own.

As the men backed away and shut the door an almost animalistic roar of anger came from inside. Shortly after the girl slammed against the bars.

"Adaya?! What on earth are you doing here?!" She looked to me, the anger still burning in her eyes. It dimmed a bit as she recognized me.

"Garen? Where are the wardens?"

"Of you know, doing that thing wardens do. Spreading rumors and collecting information."

Shey pov

I walked up to what I'm guessing would be my new commanding officer. He hardly looks skilled, or interested in this business. I guess the coins just really good. Another man ran up to him, I was close enough to hear the whispers exchange. "sir, news from the outposts is the rebel army has repelled the attack, they are on their way here now."

The man sent him away then with more enthusiasm looked to me and the group I walked with.

"Great news guys. Well be training hard in defense for the next week, then we'll have a test of your abilities." He clapped his hands and opened a door leading into training room it had everything from a wall the size of their own to a mock throne in the corner. So how do they train the order to fight in the woods?

"Now I know the capitol is well known for the order of majora. That will not be your jobs, you will all be guards of the city." Guess I'll never know. Still this guy needs to hurry, I need to tell the others of the upcoming battle, we can have the city primed for the fall.

Adaya pov

There is one crack, in the floor of my cell. I can smell the earth eminating from it, feel it calling me, but there is nothing I can do because it's too small a hole. This is torture, I imagine a drunk feels the same way when they are forced to quit. So I stand at the gate, with my nose poked outside the cell. It smells of waste, but still its better than the torture of just enough energy to tease me.

"Hey Adaya. Wheres your...." I cut him off with my finger to my lips, they could be listening and I don't want to give them any personal information.

"Do not speak af anything here. Your always being listened to."

"paranoid much?"

"hush you." I moved back and to the crack. I began to pick at anything loose around it that I could.

The feeling overwhelmed me at some point after few hours because I caught myself almost clawing at the more solid stone. The only thing that stopped me was that my fingernail came loose and blood began to pour out and into the hole. It halted the flow. I was now cut off completely.

I looked up to see another poshly dressed man staring into my cell.

"Bring her."