Infections Heal Slowly

Gretha pov

Artunous spoke slowly enough that I could keep up but it was still hard with the akward words and a seizing Adaya a few feet in front of me.

"Dak genal thensa ty hypyrium e veslectin..." It went on for over an hour before the scene changed, Adaya Sat up and began pukeing blood, I wanted to run to her but Artunous stopped me and continued his chant.

It felt wrong, these words but I suspect that just witch craft in general. Witchcraft you are forcing the spirits of the never-ending lands to help you. A mage such as myself has had the spirits come to me willingly, they choose what I can do, unlike witchcraft which has infinite possibilities but may end up with the spirits inside of you. That would be bad, if a spirit from the never-ending lands comes here they will destroy anything they touch then die a few days later.

I stayed myself and kept reapeating the words.

Adaya pov

I had slipped partly from the grasp of the beast, I haven't been able to feel pain in here except when he had full control, but right now I could feel the sharp teeth like claws on the tentacles and hands digging into me, I could feel the blood flowing. I fought harder finally slipping out I backed away and imagined a wall between us, then it was there.

The creature screamed and screached for forever, someone was pulling him out of me, thank goodness. I obviously couldn't do it myself.

Helena pov

The battle was won, the capitol has fallen, what's left of the order are on the run or have joined under Gretha as the rebels. Now all that's left is Adaya.

" You bout done yet? we need to check on the guys, make sure Adaya hasn't killed them."

Yennefer was patching the injury to my leg, after I killed the king I was weaponless and injured so I was forced to fall back for healing. "I trust Arty to Send us a signal if she gets out of hand, now be patient and bite this." She shoved the hilt of a knife in my mouth and poured something on the wound, it hurt worse than when she pulled the arrow out.

"I'm not patient unless I'm hunting, now hurry it up." Yennefer looked up at me and slapped the wound. "Agh! What was that for!?"

"if your not patient now, you won't be able to hunt again. Now it's infected, the arrow must've had something on it, I need to keep disenfecting it for a while so we won't get to see them till dark most likely."

I let out a frustrated sigh and lay back.

Artunous pov

As I rehearsed the lines I had learned to free yennefer I looked up to Commander Gretha, he didn't seem to be having any real trouble with it, he is a mage after all, for all I know this could've already been one of his gifts. I looked back to the squirming and screaming body of Adaya, the words are almost finished, soon enough it will be up to her and her alone.

Adaya pov

The fight has somehow turned physical in my mind, I could actually lands a punch, as could he. I had my weapons and armour back, and could do anything I wanted here. In my mind I had the powers of dragons demons and angels.

I appeared behind dak bringing my blade straight down cutting off two of his tentacles, he turned too slow as I was already a hundred yards away loosing arrows, which all hit their mark. The creatures chest. Again I would appear by him to lop off another limb. Then I loosed a flame from my Palm igniting the creature.

Dak retreated towards the opening that would send him to whoever or whatever the people drawing him out had planned for his new prison. I shot a root through his chest and appeared again next to him. "I cannot allow you go and possess another." He screamed as I brought my blade down and cut off the creatures head. Then I sent him through to whatever they had set for him.

Artunous pov

Adayas body went limp as a shadow of the demon floated to the artifact, in two parts.

She killed the demon, or really hurt it. Either way, that's more than anyone has ever done before.

"Is it over?" Gretha looked at the limp body of the wood elf. " Is she alright?" He knelt down and checked her pulse. "She's alive, but how long will she be out of it?"

"The hardest part is over, yennefer took a couple days before she woke. Let's get her back to camp, it's dark out so keep your eyes open."

I Lifted her over my shoulder, she was extremely light, I wonder if that's normal or because she needs food? Nonetheless there's nothing I can do here, or until she awakes, minus using her remedies to keep her alive that is, but not until we're at the fort again.

We huffed it back to camp, I carried Adaya while Gretha kept his eyes peeled for trouble.

Helena pov

Yennefer squeezed more disenfectant on my leg. " Ok if it kills me then so be it, we have to go." Yennefer pushed me back into my seated position, my leg gave out forcing me to listen.

"not yet, the infection is almost out, give it five more minutes." The minutes passed so slowly, when they were finally up yennefer allowed me up. "just be careful, your healed but your leg will still be weak so don't run." Then she added as an afterthought. " No fighting either."

"Will do doc. Yen." I said as I walked towards my gear.

I heard her sigh then silence. I looked back and she was gone. I slipped back into my armour, it was mail from the caravans own Smith, made from a special wood it was harder than any steal or iron suit, and much lighter as well.

As I made to leave for the ruins I saw them rushing our way, Gretha yelling something. Behind them around five wyverns gave Chase. I tried to run up but ended up falling when my leg gave way. "Yennefer!" She flew past from a tent, sword in hand. I grabbed my bow, and began loosing arrows once I managed to stand again. Gretha turned and helped as artunous ran behind me, setting Adaya on my former seat, she slumped against she wall.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Morobath Ontaro) according to Google is elvish for panther parent. What you guys think? Title worthy or "Aw hell naw, you put that imma set my phone on fire then beat you to death with the dead panthers!"?