3. Will They Ever Let Me Live?

I'm definitely feeling the post-concert depression; it's only been 3 days, but it's hitting me hard. I met the boys that I've been following through music, social media, television, their movies, concerts and festivals, for over 4 years now. I met them, they met me, they SANG TO ME. Just an amazing experience altogether. But it's over now, it came and went so quickly, too quickly...

And now it's time to go back to work.

There's a buzzing coming from my nightstand, and since I'm such a light sleeper, it jolts me awake. I make a grab for it and nearly fall of my bed. I'm an idiot when I'm half asleep, I swear.

Kathleen: Are you available tomorrow at 5:15 am?

I look at the current time at the top right of my screen, 11:53 pm.

Even though I'm exhausted from traveling to and from San Diego, and my mind was still reeling from the concert, I'm thankful for the job offer. I'm a set PA (production assistant) and although some of the jobs I pull are unpaid, I'm happy for the experience and connections I'm building at such a young age. Set PA's are pretty much the 'ghosts of the industry'; we run around sets, delivering scripts, lunch, and pretty much anything else anyone needs. I really like the running around and being busy, but it can get hard sometimes. I swear I think to myself, 'Is this really what I want to be doing?' all the time. These jobs bring opportunity though, I'm building my résumé and paying my dues.

I've come a long way and have met so many people. I was lucky enough to have a couple of friends who are apart of camera crews and introduced me to my closest connection, Shane Maxwell, a producer for Warner Bros., who I've grown close to. Shane had helped me network and get my name on director's and assistant director's list for PA's to call. I'm just glad that doors are being opened for me and hopefully I can use all this ambition and make a name for myself in the directing world.

B.itch work, here I come., I think as I reply to Kathleen's messages about tomorrow. I've worked under her for two films already and she's assistant directing some new rom-com down in Burbank and wants me there for the rest of the week.

And that's basically my life; late night messages, early call times, and One Direction constantly playing in my head.

~

"B, I need you to bring a vanilla latte with a shot of that caramel creamer to Tony" comes in through my walkie as I'm shuffling through the lot with a rolling wardrobe, delivering it to two different trailers. I check my watch, it's 9:32 am. I have 28 minutes until the first take is supposed to start.

"Copy that, latte to Tony."

Two minutes later, I realize I have no idea who Tony is and no idea who paged me through the walkie. So after getting the latte and 11 minutes of frustrated searching for the mystery man, the coffee is cold and Tony is a woman.

I walk into one of the smaller dressing trailers and find a woman, probably mid-twenties, getting her blonde hair combed out.

"...ya know? I just wish he could tell me what was going through his head." She said through a sigh.

"Ahem," I coughed, trying to interrupt politely, "Hi, sorry. I have your latte, but it's a bit lukewarm now, should I add ice? I bet it would make a good iced coffee." I mutter out a little too quick because I'm slightly embarrassed by my lack of punctuality.

Tony turns her chair to face me in the small room and my eyes open slightly wider because holy crap, this chick is beautiful. I mean, I am straight,  but I know a beautiful female when one is right in front my face.