Fred x Reader

F/N = friend's name
Warnings: like one swear word xD
Requested by my awesome friend and amazing writer superavengelock

Potions. You hated it. It was boring, confusing and down right time wasting. Considering you're a Ravenclaw, some people in your house found it strange how you could be easily distracted. But just because you are the house of wisdom, doesn't mean you can like every class, right?

This year you had potions with Gryffindor, which you didn't mind as the lions can be amusing to hang around with. Snape's monotone voice was slowly fading within your lack of concentration "...... is a very difficult potion to brew.....therefore has certain effects"

You yawned loudly not realising the class was dead silent listening to Snape go on and on about some complicated and rare potion. "Keeping you up am I L/N?" Snape hissed, making you go wide eyed and sit up immediately "I-I um err" you stuttered, feeling rather humiliated.

"Don't stutter, 10 points from Ravenclaw for your lack of concentration" you huffed to yourself and turned your attention back to the greasy haired potions teacher. You heard sniggers behind you, you turned around and saw Fred and George looking at you with grins plastered over their faces. You smiled and rolled your eyes.

You would consider Fred and George friends of yours, the only friends you had outside your house. However you had some-what of a crush on Fred. Whenever he smiled at you or gave sneaky winks at you, it made you go all bubbly inside and butterflies would flutter around in your stomach.

You felt a slight blush creep onto your cheeks just by thinking about it, your friend sat next to you noticed and immediately started asking questions quietly as Snape set the task of today's lesson.

"What are you blushing about?" F/N asked raising her eyebrows with sly grin. You faced her and raised your eyebrows "no one" you simply replied. F/N gave you a I-do-not-believe-a-single-word look and crossed her arms "it's Fred isn't it" she said as if she just read your mind.

You immediately went wide eyed and elbowed her side "will you shut your trap! Don't say it out loud!" You whisper-shouted making F/N giggle. "Shut up!" You said again anxious of anyone over hearing your conversation, what ever the conversation was.

"Oh, relax. No ones gonna hear me!" She reassured, you weren't quite so sure. Potions dragged and soon after 45 minutes of failing to brew yet another potion, you were finally dismissed for lunch. As you left the dark and dreary potions room, you felt a arm wrap around your shoulders. You gasped quietly but relaxed as you saw the signature ginger hair.

You knew it was Fred, George wouldn't wrap his arms around you. You were friends but just not as close to George as you were with Fred. "Drifting off in that lesson Y/N?" Fred sniggered, again with a grin painted on his face. You smiled shyly feeling those familiar butterflies and replied "well, potions isn't my greatest subject" 

"Having a greasy haired, large nosed teacher doesn't help really does it?" Fred said his grin widening, you laughed "it certainly doesn't!" You agreed. You turned a corner into another corridor, you were about to continue walking down when Fred walked you over to an alcove away from everyone.

His arm fell away from your shoulder and you swore Fred suddenly looked shy. You found it quite cute. "Um Y/N I've been wanting to ask you a question" he informed his brown eyes twinkling. You smiled sweetly and replied "what is it?"

Fred shuffled slightly and ran a hand threw his ginger hair, his freckled skin with a pink tinge. "Well, I really like you and I was wondering if um...you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?"

The butterflies were now swarming, your face turning pinker by the second. Did Fred seriously just ask you out on a date? You couldn't believe this was happening, smiling a shining smile you nodded your head "yes, I would love that" Fred smiled at your reaction and returned to his confident posture.