Harry x Reader (part 2)

Hey guys! This is a part 2 from the Harry chapter where you see him kiss Cho Chang under the mistletoe. This was suggested in the comments by graygray88 and I thought it was great to do a part 2, so here it is!

You couldn't believe what you just saw; hurt, anger and shock rushed through you. As soon as you saw the scene you ran, you didn't know or care where, you just wanted to get away. You knew Harry wasn't the sort of the person to go kissing girls behind your back, but it happened. You were running through the deserted corridors, it was late and you might get caught by Filch, but at this moment in time you didn't care. "Y/N!" You knew who it was and you certainly didn't want to talk to him. You turned a sharp corner and hid in a broom closet, you knew it was stupid but facing the very person who just broke your heart wasn't on your to-do list.

After minutes passing, the rushing footsteps of Harry faded away. You let out sigh and walked back out into the corridor. You slowly walked over to a window and perched beside it hugging your knees close to chest. Tears fell down your cheeks as you looked up at the grey, stormy sky. A rumble of thunder echoed through the castle, you didn't mind thunderstorms, they claimed you surprisingly. You gazed up at the streaks of lightening as the rumbles got louder. The moments you cherished with Harry flashed before your eyes and swam through mind, you let out a small sob and cried into your knees. You've never felt so alone.

You didn't know how long you were there but the shadows under your eyes was a clear sign that sleep was needed. Getting up from the window seat you walked slowly to the Gryffindor common room. You didn't even need to say the password to the fat lady when she looked down at you, she just let you in. You didn't waste any time in reaching your bed and falling into a deep sorrowful sleep.

You woke the next morning feeling groggy and completely exhausted. You showered and dressed taking your time and walked down to the common room. As soon as you got down there you saw Harry sat with Ron in front of the fire, you started to walk away but he noticed you. "Y/N please let me explain myself, I didn't mean-"

"Harry you can't kiss someone by mistake, I don't need to here what you have to say, I saw it clear with my own eyes" you interrupted anger building up. Harry sighed and looked at you with apologetic eyes "please, there is nothing going on between me and Cho, we're only friends."

You shook your head and crossed your arms "friends, friends!" You said with sarcasm dripping from your words "because friends kiss each other like that Harry! Oh yeah I know plenty of friends who have snogging sessions with each other all the time! Is it the known craze?!" You added razing your voice. Harry sighed with frustration, Ron looked at you both with both with shock and felt slightly awkward in the current situation.

Harry then spoke raising his voice "well maybe if you let me explain what happened instead of accusing me of things! It might be more clear to you!" You were shocked at his sudden anger, he never talked to you like that before. "You know Y/N, I would have thought you would let me explain, you know I never wanted to hurt you!"

"Well explain then! Tell me exactly what happened, which led you to having a snogging session under mistletoe!" You shouted back, angering yourself even more.

"Don't you know what Cho is going through at the moment?! She is broken she has lost dear to her!" He remarked.

"Doesn't explain how close you to were getting to each other?" you questioned. Harry calmed himself and sighed. Harry walked closer to you, but you stepped back. "Cho was thanking me for the classes we are having, she started asking me about Cedric and if he knew all the spells we have been practising" he explained, you kept your eyes on him with arms crossed "she then started talking negatively about herself and I talked her out of thinking negatively. There was silence for a minute and then mistletoe appeared above us and then we.."

"Kissed" you finished off for him. Harry nodded and looked down at his feet. you opened your mouth to say something but no words formed, "I'm sorry Y/N, I didn't mean to hurt you. I had no intention in-"

"Did you feel anything from the kiss?" You interrupted ignoring his apology. Harry looked up at you, there was silence. Silence to you was an answer "Harry, I think we should remain friends" you said surprisingly calmer then you expected. Harry looked up at you and still didn't say anything "it's obvious you don't have feelings for me anymore"

"No Y/N, I love you please, it was nothing"

"Don't lie Harry, it's fine. I think it's best if we remain friends" you replied walking over to Harry placing you hands in his "anyway, she needs you more than I do. You know that." You let go of Harry's hands and stepped back, Harry just nodded "bye Harry" you said ever so quietly. You gave him a hug before leaving the common room.

I didn't realise it would end up this sad, anyway hope you liked it! Thank you for all the reads, comments and votes! Keep requesting as I have a long summer to write and I'll see you in the next chapter! 😊✨