22

Ashley

Waking up early, I quietly snuck out of bed without disturbing Maya. Her plump lips parted slightly, snores escaping from her mouth.

I kissed the top of her head after getting ready and tiptoed over to my purse, trying my best to stay silent.

Today, I was going to surprise Maya with the most exciting news of her life. I had hoped that she would be happy about it, because getting up this early sucked and I could've been engulfed in the warmth of the bed and her body.

I climbed out of my car after the twenty minute drive and arrived at a quaint house in a suburb outside of Los Angeles.

The glass windows of the house glistened in the sun, their luminescence leaving bright lights on the windowsill. Flowers of different varieties and a lawn as green and fresh as a spring crop adorned the entrance of the house. A stone path paved the way as I walked towards to glossy wooden door, knocking and waiting for a response.

The door swung open and a lively women of middle age stood smiling. Her stature was minuscule, but she was boosted up by a pair of heels. Her attire was classy and business appropriate, but her persona radiated happiness and silliness.

"You must be Ashley! Hello, dear, I'm Emma," She said happily, sticking her hand out to greet me. "Come on in."

"Yeah, hi," I smiled shyly, reaching out to shake her hand "Nice to meet you."

"I'm very pleased to meet you, Ashley. My daughter loves your music," She laughed, pulling out her phone and showing me a picture of the young girl, her features almost identical to her mother's.

"She's beautiful. Here, I think I have a demo of my new album in my purse. Give it to her," I smiled appreciatively, handing her the CD.

"Wow! Thanks, she'll be so happy," She grinned cheekily before clapping her hands together. "Alright, so let's get this tour started."

I followed suit behind her, examining each and every room we walked through. The house had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a beautiful kitchen and dining room that overlooked the flourishing backyard.

The backyard, too, had a large lawn. Beside the lawn was a turquoise swimming pool that rippled as leaves from the apple tree flew off and into the pure water. A view of the city surrounded us, leaving me speechless. Every skyscraper and road stood out perfectly, the sunrise glowing above them. The sky contained hues of yellows and oranges, bringing a feeling of warmth throughout me. If the view was this beautiful in the morning, I couldn't begin to imagine how marvelous it would look at night with the jet black sky, city lights, and stars.

"This is the one," I whispered under my breath. Emma stood by me, smiling as she heard my words.

"I knew you'd love it," She said quietly, continuing to stare out at the sunrise with me. I turned to face her, smiled, and said, "I'd like to make an offer."

"There are two other offers on the house," She said sadly, but told me to follow her back inside so she could double check her paperwork. She flipped through her briefcase, slipping her glasses on and carefully examining the papers.

"Hmm," She mumbled. "Seems like one of the two offers were declined because of insufficient funds in their bank account." She crossed out a few things on the paper and ripped it up, smiling at me. I smiled nervously and waited for her to tell me about the second offer.

"The second offer still stands depending on how much you decide to offer for the home. If it exceeds what they've put down, you'll get it," She said, chewing on her pen cap as she continued reading. "They offered five hundred and thirty five thousand for the house."

I knew that it was a lot of money, but my career was just beginning to skyrocket and I knew that I could manage the payments. I needed to get this house, and I wouldn't let it out of my grasp. This was for Maya. For us.

"I'd like to offer five hundred and eighty thousand," I said confidently, looking at her. She smiled, impressed, and crossed out a few things on that paper too.

"Great! Sign these papers here while I contact the previous family who offered," She said excitedly, pushing the papers over to me before walking away to make the phone calls.

Five minutes and many signatures later, she walked in with her signature grin on her face.

"It's all yours!" She exclaimed, gathering up the papers from the counter. Words couldn't describe my happiness in the moment. Emma reached over into her briefcase, digging around for something. I heard the familiar sound and knew what she was looking for. The keys.

She reached over and dropped the keys into my hands, laughing as she saw my happy expression.

"Fucking awesome! Thank you so much, Emma," I said thankfully, going over to hug her. She was surprised at my sudden affection, but hugged me back and cheered with me.

"It was no problem, honey. The house is empty and newly renovated. Feel free to move your stuff in as soon as you'd like. You own it now," She grinned, packing up her things.

I bid my goodbyes to the friendly woman, making my way back to the hotel. I rushed upstairs, my happiness causing me to become hyper and giddy. Knocking on the door impatiently, it took a minute before my beautiful girlfriend opened it.

"Ashley, what the fuck! Where were you?" She asked worriedly, pulling me into a tight hug. "I thought you ran away from me and were never coming back."

I laughed as we held on tightly to each other, neither one of us wanting to let go. I pulled away and told Maya to sit down because I had something important to tell her. She obeyed and sat down anxiously on the couch, wondering what I had to say.

"Babe, I swear if this is another one of your complaints about how swollen your left butt cheek is, I don't wanna hear it," She scolded, earning a hearty laugh from me.

"Fuck no, this is way more exciting," I smirked deviously, digging through my cluttered purse.

I pulled out the keys and held them in front of her face, her eyes moving directly onto the shiny gold metal.

"Are those our hotel keys?" She laughed while examining them. I shook my head and suppressed my smile by biting my lip.

"Look closely," I said, urging her to really get a good look at them.

"Oh my god. House keys?" She gasped, her mouth following open. "Whose house? Is this for-" She stopped talking in the middle of the sentence because she realized what was going on due to my facial expressions.

"You did not!" She exclaimed, still staring in shock. "Is this ours?!"

"We have a home now, baby!" I screamed, clutching the keys in my hand. All of a sudden, she tackled me, her body connecting with mine as well as our lips sharing an intimate kiss. Happy tears rolled down her face as we shared the sweet kiss, wetting my cheeks slightly.

I pulled away breathlessly and stared into her beautiful eyes that were glowing with happiness, our smiles large and contagious.

"You're amazing," She breathed out, leaning her forehead against mine. Her smile never once faltered, her happiness way too evident. "I love you, baby. Thank you for everything," She said sweetly, kissing the tip of my nose.

My cheeks turned pink and I smiled shyly, glad to be the source of her happiness.

"Anything for you," I replied, pecking her lips. "Now pack your shit, we're done with living in and out of hotels," I said, racing her to the bedroom so we could fill up our bags and begin our new journey together.

A/N:

that's it, guys! hotel room is officially over and I was so happy/sad after writing this :( don't worry, though, because the sequel will be coming soon and it'll be called "home"

thank you so much if you took your time to read this story, it means more than words could ever explain! I love you and I'll be updating as soon as I can with the sequel <3