10

Ashley

I arrived at the hotel, furiously knocking on the door. After about twenty knocks, I realized that she was either ignoring me, or she just wasn't there.

To top things off, Maya had the hotel key which meant that I would be locked out the entire night. What a pleasant realization.

I sighed, releasing a breath to let go of my frustration and slid down against the wall, propping my knees up and shoving my face in my lap. Sitting there for what felt like an eternity, I suddenly heard the clicking of shoes against the wooden floor. I looked up quickly to find Maya, her clothes disheveled and her hair a mess.

She burped and laughed, pointing at me on the floor.

"Get off the floor, loser," She slurred, tripping over nothing as she walked towards me. When she leaned down to sit with me, her face came near mine, releasing a strong scent of alcohol into my nostrils from her breath.

"Have you been drinking?" My voice cracked, clearly worried about her well being.

"Hell yeah," She smiled, satisfied. "Found a nice bar with like, really good snacks. I emptied the bowl of chips into my purse. Look!" Maya exclaimed, opening up her purse and leaning it towards me, exposing the chips at the bottom. I sighed as I watched her pull one out and eat it.

"How could you be so careless? I was out here worrying my ass off about you and now I find out that you were out there drinking in some shitty bar you found? Did you even think about how this would affect me?"

She hiccuped and leaned her head back against the wall.

"No. You didn't think of how your stupid words would affect me. You never think," She laughed, her words slurring again.

I rolled my eyes, retaliating, "Don't you dare accuse me of not thinking about you or how my words will affect you. You know damn well that I try my best to make you happy and keep you safe."

"Clearly, you didn't think of that while I ran off and you were just sitting there, smoking your cheap cigarettes," She chuckled.

"Get up, Maya," I commanded, now fuming. We had to go into the hotel before I made a scene out in the hallway. "Give me the key."

She grumbled before shuffling into her cluttered, chip-filled purse to find her keys. She threw the keys at me, and they fell right before my feet. I bent down to grab them, and felt her hands come into contact with my ass, slapping it hardly.

I instantly shot back up, looking over at Maya, a sneaky grin placed upon her face, her giggles coming out uncontrollably.

"You have a cute butt," She bit her lip, her eyes moving down again.

I sighed and pushed the door open, motioning for her to walk in. She stumbled in and let her body fall carelessly onto the couch with her face down. She grumbled into the couch cushion, the sound coming out lowly and muffled.

I crouched down, taking her shoes off for her and pulling her heavy leather jacket off her torso. I turned her body over, now unbuckling her jeans to pull them off her slender legs.

"Oh, you wanna get naughty?" She giggled, lifting her shirt up. At this point, I was beyond frustrated. There was no way I would take advantage of her while she wasn't in the right state of mind. Never.

I tried to dress her through her uncontrollable laughing fits and constant shoves to get me off her. I eventually gave up, leaving her in her shirt and underwear.

"Take me to bed," She mumbled, her eyes beginning to shut, a small yawn escaping from her mouth.

I lifted her body up bridal style, using all my strength to keep her up. I walked quickly to the room, placing her neatly on the bed and folding the blanket over her petite body.

She moaned in delight as soon as the blanket engulfed her body. Turning to face me, she looked up at me with droopy eyes and smiled.

"We can make out or something.  This bed is cold and lonely without you."

I sat on the side of the bed, looking at her intently.

"Go to sleep, Maya. We have a lot to talk about in the morning," I exhaled tiredly.

"Goodnight, big booty," She giggled quietly, her eyes shutting completely and her body becoming limp. She fell asleep in less than a minute.

With a major headache and an exhausted body, I slipped into the bed, turning away from Maya and shutting my eyes. I struggled to sleep and get my mind to stop running, but I never dared to open my eyes.

Only time will tell what the morning will bring.