14

[3rd Person P.O.V]

Three days passed, during the day, Chuck would bring the boys some breakfast and when night came, Thomas would come over with their dinner.

They both had expected to be in their for a while, after all, they did break the trust of their own leader and this was their punishment.

Although, secretly, Newt wanted out as soon as possible, his state kept getting worse, every night he would stay up and talk to the boy called Ethan never caring that he's simply a hallucination and that he was probably talking to himself the whole time.

Minho slowly got bored out of his mind and he tried reasoning with Alby once, trying to convince him that they were wasting time that they could use to put all the parts together and get out.

It's their fourth day in the slammer and both gladers sit down and wait, hoping that their leader would come and finally free them.

As if reading their minds, Alby walks over to them and without saying a word, bends down and uses the rust old keys to unlock both doors.

"About time, Alby.", Minho exclaims as he pulls himself out of his own slammer and stretches his tense muscles earning a glare from his leader, "Slim it, don't think you got away that easily, we need to talk.", he looks at his second-in-command who just managed to get out of his own slammer, "The girl woke up a few hours ago and she's asking for you, said her name is-" "Teresa.", Newt cuts him off.

Both gladers look at their blonde friend in confusion, "You know her?", Alby asks.

Newt shakes his head, "No, but she's not unfamiliar."

Alby nods and motions for his two friends to follow him, they reach the homestead and go upstairs to one of the medjacks rooms.

The three boys freeze in shock as they watch the scene unfolding in front of them, Teresa stands in the middle of the room, a knife in her hand, pointed straight at the head of the keeper of the medjacks, Clint.

Newt, of course, knowing that Teresa would probably trust him, takes a small step forward wanting to calm the girl down but she catches his movement and points her knife at him, "Stay away from me!"

The blonde puts his hands up in surrender and speaks in a calm and collected voice, "No one will hurt you, Teresa, just put away the knife and let us talk."

"How do you know my name? Who are you?"

"I'm Newt.", as if these two words were magical, Teresa puts the knife on the small table next to her and looks curiously at the boy in front of her.

"Newt..?"

He nods and looks at Alby, Minho and Clint who have been standing by the door way watching the small exchange between him and Teresa, "Can you guys leave us alone for a little bit?"

Alby and Clint nod and walk out of the door while Minho stands there, unsure whether it's a good idea to leave his lover with the girl that just tried to hurt them all.

Newt shoots him a reassuring smile and nods, "I'll be fine, Min, this won't take long."

Minho, in turn, sighs and smiles back, "Alright then, I'll be waiting.", and with that he walks out of the door and downstairs to where Alby and Clint chose to wait.

Teresa briefly eyes the two of them softly before focusing back at the blonde in front of her, "What is this place?"

He sighs, "You might wanna sit down and make yourself comfortable, it's a long story."