Ball (B)

Hai! Most of the story will be repeated from the past chapter, because it's the same, but with some things different.
*:.. o<>o ..:*

Suspense

~Y/N's POV~

The moon rises in the horizon, the dim light entering the colorful windows. The main room, where we are standing, has  two stairways to the left and the right, both of them leading to an upper hallway, must be the rooms. Four doors decorate each left and right sides of the room, must be the door to the kitchen, dining room... And other places a castle has. To be honest this is my first time in one, the Goddesses don't live in such places, they live in manors, but what's a manor compared to a castle?

All people gather in the main room, an enormous wood door closed in front of us, with butlers side to side from each door.

Y/N: The ballroom...

The people wear all kinds of masquerades and beautiful dresses, most of them exotic, like a reminder that they came from other land... Or I would say, a reminder of how they had power over so many people. Neither of them are old, all of them are nearly our age.

None of them shows a trace of pure excitement, I have two theories: Because of this party since some weeks ago, or maybe because they are used to this kind of parties.

Noble Woman 1: Oh dear. Who's that girl with Link? I've never seen her before.
Noble Man 1: Maybe you have, but supposedly Masks should hide who you're are.
Noble Woman 2: I'm so jealous of her! She's with the hero!
Noble Man 2: What are you saying?! I'm your date you know?!
Noble Woman 3: Oh c'mon, are you going to fight over Link? He'll choose who to dance with, and I bet it'll be the Princess.
Noble Man 3: Well, I wouldn't mind dancing with that girl.

Link: Everybody stop!- Link's voice sounds really annoyed. Suddenly silence floods the room and Link takes my hand tightly in his.- I'm going with Y/N.- I feel heat rise in my cheeks. Whispers and growls fill the environment.

Noble Woman 4: But hey...- The woman is interrupted by the creak of the door opened by four butlers, two from our side of the door and other two from the inside.

Princess Zelda is standing in the middle of the room with a long purple dress that rubs the marble floor. She walks to us with elegance.

Princess Zelda: Welcome ladies...- She stops herself when she looks at me, rage bright in her eyes, she analyses me from head to toe. It seems like an eternity when she looks at me like that, but it's actually a brief second.-...Um...- She turns her gaze back to the people.-...and gentleman. Today is the 5th day of our party, celebrating Hyrule's Hero, Link...- Everyone claps, but Link's expression is blank and dark.-...and a masquerade ball is today's theme. I hope you have fun, please go on.- She extends her left arm to the ballroom and everyone walks inside.

*Play the Video*

The place is decorated with fancy feathers and a big ice sculpture resembling Link. Food of all kinds surrounds Link's figure. Left side of the figure with fancy sweets, and right side with a buffet.

Tables are on the far sides of the room, to make space in the middle for the people that will dance. On the far end is a table with a pure gold Royal Family Crest. Link's table of course.

Zelda walks away and swiftly takes something from the table, a piece of (favorite cake flavor) cake, it has a small fork and on the top has a note which is written in a girl's fine font. 'For my Dearest Hero -Zelda'.

Y/N: There it is again... My heart is jumping and something is squeezing it with such force that pains me to the core...

Zelda: Here Link. The chefs made this cake just for you.

Link: (favorite cake flavor)! My favorite... But I can't accept it...

Zelda: Oh but they put a lot of effort in these.

Y/N: How come did she know about what Link thought?...

Link: Fine.

He takes the fork and cuts a small piece of the piece (/).-), he takes a small bite and smiles.

Link: This is delicious! Wow the chefs made a splendid job!- His cheerful voice makes me smile warmly.- Remind me to thank them!

Zelda: I will!- There... For a brief second was a dark and cold gleam in Zelda's left eye.

Link: Y/N, you should try it!- No, there is something, but I shouldn't him in front of Zelda.

Y/N: I just hope... Nothing happens to you...- I smile.- I think I'll pass.

Link: Oh what a shame...- He extends his hand.- Y/N let's...- just then some girls walk to Link.

Noble Girl 1: Hey Link won't you dance with us?
Noble Girl 2: Yes. Seems like a great moment to dance.
Noble Girl 3: Oh dance with the hero... It's a dream...
Noble Girl 4: So handsome! Dance with us!

Link: But I...- They pull Link by the arm, not even listening to his objections.

A lot of Noble girls take Link away.

Zelda: Hah. I knew something like this would happen. Why would Link like you anyways?

Y/N: Maybe because I'm not a greedy obsessive (b**ch?) woman.

Zelda: You little... ugh! I hate you Y/N.- She aggressively takes a cup of wine from the table and walks away furiously to where the other girls walked to.

Y/N: *Sigh* I'm just jealous of her... She's able to get Link's attention.- Suddenly my heart starts beating fast... But not in the good way... I feel uneasy, someone is following me.

There it is, standing behind the pillar, looking at me with eyes covered by a black masquerade. No one can see it but I do, dark power emanates from it. It comes for us...

Not knowing how to react, I freeze in place looking at it directly in the eye. I try to look away and move, but my body won't respond, I'm too scared to move. Shivers run all the way down my spine.

Y/N: It is smirking...- I can feel the laughter and malice in its aura.

~Link's POV~

Link: I've got enough of these ladies... So annoying...- I growl with clenched teeth at their gossip.- Where is Y/N?- My eyes move side to side, looking for Y/N.- There... What happens?...- She looks completely frightened and then I feel goosebumps.

I run to her, pushing the girls aside.

Link: Y/N, are you alright?- Y/N points her finger to a dark figure smiling insanely behind a pillar. All the people stop as long with the orchestra, and they look at us.- What is that?....- Suddenly a sharp pain invades my head and throat, I fall to my knees and suddenly know what's going on.

Link: Dark... Link...