Chapter Thirteen - The Truth

I bet ya'll didn't like that cliffhanger. So I went ahead and posted the chapter following it. Aren't I sweet? Who's ready to find out the truth?

-----------------------

---------------------------------

-----------------

Inuyasha's face was lost.

It must have been shocking to him. To find out that his father was alive. I knew it would be for me. Good thing Sesshomaru wasn't here.

"How?" Inuyasha whispered. His father, Inu no Taishō, smiled.

"It's a long tale my son." He said. He took a seat and beckoned Inuyasha closer. He sat down in front of his father while I stood off to the side, leaning against a tree.

"When you were born, you were the second born of your human mother," Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. "Your sibling had already been taken away by the nurse, but no one knew that your mother was actually having twins. So she gave birth to you shortly after without anyone knowing. After the battle with Ryūkotsusei, I was severely wounded. When I went to battle Takemaru, I made a choice. After saving your mother, I would fake my death. So I did,"

"As I was leaving though, I heard the cry of a child. I found a nurse dead with a child in her hands. I took pity on the crying child and took them with me. I raised them, teaching them to fight and overcome the fact that they were a half-demon. Even though there was hardly any human blood in them. Eventually, when they learned to change into their wolf form, I let them go out into the world." Inu no Taishō concluded. Inuyasha sat there, gawking at his father.

"I, I have a sister? A twin sister?" He gasped out. His father nodded.

"And now you know why we have the connection we have Inuyasha." I stated. Inuyasha looked at me, shock on his face.

"You're my sister?" He asked softly. I nodded. Before I could say anything more, my head snapped towards the direction of the village. Something was wrong.

"The children need you Azami." My father said, standing. I didn't even acknowledge him before taking off towards the children. I was not going to let anyone touch my children.

As I reached the village, I found it ablaze. The younger children were being carried off by the older ones while the more able ones were trying to fight back.

"Howler!" I shouted. He heard me and ran towards me.

"What happened?" I demanded.

"There's a powerful demon attacking us!" He exclaimed. I glanced towards the front of the village and saw the outline of demon standing there. I knelt down in front of Howler.

"Get everyone out of here. Take them to Kaede's village." I ordered. I had traded a few times with Kaede's village, and I knew she would protect the children.

"But I want to fight!" Howler exclaimed.

"No!" I snapped. "Do as I say!" I barked. Howler swallowed before running off and leading the children away. I turned towards the demon as Inuyasha appeared by my side.

"Where's Kagome?" He demanded.

"Inuyasha!" Someone shouted. Kagome and the others ran out of the main building with weapons at the ready.

"Where have you been?" Miroku demanded.

"Busy," Inuyasha stated, peeking a glance at me. I didn't meet his eyes and turned to the demon.

No, not him.

"Naraku," Sango shouted.

"So you finally decided to show your face, huh?" Inuyasha exclaimed. Naraku's unnerving chuckle filled the air.