Chapter Two - Sesshomaru

Hi peeps! And yes I did just call whoever is reading this a peep. I am not ashamed......... *clears throat* Presenting chapter two, sesshomaru!
------------------------------------------------------------------
The half demon's smell continued west like the old woman said.

I figured out another reason why I was following Inuyasha. He had something that seemed rather powerful and valuable. I had managed to stop by another village and was able to learn about something called the sacred jewel shards. Apparently, Inuyasha had one in his possession. Maybe I could sell them to some demons. Demons sure did like shiny and dangerous objects. Probably couldn't though. I would be in so much trouble with my father if I didn't bring it back to him. He was always so interested in relics and magical objects.

Without a second's delay, I quickened my pace, kicking up dust behind me. As I ran though, another scent piqued my interest. Three demons and a human girl. One of the demons though, it's scent was similar to that of the half demon Inuyasha. Though I could find no trace of human in this new demon.

Why wasn't the human girl screaming for help? I wondered. Usually, humans were terrified of demons.

I veered away from Inuyasha's scent and towards that of the human girl. I watched from a distance as the group came into view. The human girl rode on a two headed dragon that had been muzzled and saddled. She looked happy while the short green demon followed after the white haired man.

"Lord Sesshomaru! Lord Sesshomaru!" The little demon cried as the white haired demon disappeared into thin air, even his scent disappeared. I moved closer after the dog demon had left and slipped behind the nearest tree.

"Master Jaken?" The black haired girl asked.

"What Rin?" Master Jaken demanded.

"Did Lord Sesshomaru leave us behind again?" She asked, stroking the dragon's side.

"I have served Lord Sesshomaru for centuries child! He would never just leave us alone!" Master Jaken screeched. He crossed his arms.

"He left us." The little demon grumbled.

"You should try to be more positive Master Jaken. Then maybe Lord Sesshomaru would stay around more often." Rin  said cheerfully. The green demon grunted and hobbled over to the base of a tree before lying down, groans and complaints hissing under his breath. Rin slid off of the dragon, holding onto the reins lightly.

"That's a good little A-Un," The girl whispered before sitting down beside Jaken. I wanted to watch them for longer, but if I did, I might lose Inuyasha's scent.

As I turned to go, the dog's scent came again. I believed the green demon called him Lord Sesshomaru. I wondered what he was the lord of.

"Who are you?" I quickly glanced towards the source of the voice, finding the white haired demon standing only a few feet away from me. His golden eyes that matches mine perfectly were watching me. His face was blank and almost colorless except for the lines stretching across his cheeks.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" I gasped and turned around as the green demon and the human girl ran by me. The girl hid behind Lord Sesshomaru while the Jaken stayed beside the lord.

"I asked you a question. Who are you?" The dog demon asked, his voice almost completely flat. I remained silent though, calculating my next move. Sesshomaru seemed pretty powerful seeing as he was a full blooded demon.

"My lord asked you a question woman! Answer him!" The little demon screeched. I shot a piercing glare at him, causing him to be become silent and inch back slightly. His two headed staff swaying back and forth as he moved.

"Who am I does not matter, and you are standing in my way." I stated flatly. Inuyasha's scent was getting weaker. It wouldn't be long until I lost it all together. This was taking too much time.

"Lord Sesshomaru?" Jaken asked as Lord Sesshomaru drew his sword.

"Stay back." The dog demon ordered. Rin and Jaken took a few steps backwards. I eyed the sword suspiciously. The demonic energy coming off of it was stronger than the dog demon's. He held the sword's point towards me, as if threatening or challenging me. Why did he have to swords?

"I don't have time for this." I grumbled under my breath. I breathed in deeply before whipping one of my daggers out and throwing it. Before the demon could react, it struck him in the shoulder, causing him to freeze and collapse. Blood dripped from his wound as he laid on his side, unmoving. His eyes brimming with confusion.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" The other two exclaimed. Rin rushed to Lord Sesshomaru's side while Jaken stood protectively in front of them with his staff in front of him.

"Get out of the way!" I snapped. I threatened to throw a dagger towards the green demon who cowered and ran the other way.

"Why would you hurt him?" Rin asked, tears threatening to spill. I bent down in front of the little girl, watching her closely. Sesshomaru sent cold glares at me while I watched the girl. He was rather protective of the girl apparently.

"He's just temporarily paralyzed. He'll be fine within a few minutes." I stated. I tugged my dagger out of the demon's shoulder, who grunted. I wiped his blood off of my dagger on the ground, getting rid of most of it.

"I will find you." Lord Sesshomaru threatened, unable to move anything but his mouth.

"Good luck with that." I scoffed and took off back towards Inuyasha's scent. It was faint, but it was easy to catch onto. I hoped I could put enough distance between me and Lord Sesshomaru. I had caught him off guard last time and just barely managed to pin his nerve in his shoulder, causing him the momentary paralysis. It was a trick I learned from when my father, and it did come in handy sometimes.
--------------------------------------------
Inuyasha's POV

There it was again.

The feeling of being followed. Along with a strange smell. It smelt like pine trees and running water, but it wasn't the surrounding forest. It seemed like it was coming from a living being.

"Inuyasha?" I glanced up, finding Kagome's face watching me.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Were you thinking about something?" Kagome's questioned.

"Inuyasha? Thinking? I don't think that's possible." The little fox demon, Shippo, commented. I smacked him right upside the head, leaving a big bump.

"Hey! Kagome!" Shippo whined.

"Inuyasha." Kagome warned. I froze and swallowed, afraid she would tell me to sit.

"What's wrong Inuyasha?" The demon slayer, Sango, asked.

"It's nothing." I said and continued walking.