Chapter Four - Meeting Inuyasha

So hope it's been good so far. I know I promised long chapters, but for some reason, it's a little hard for me to lengthen chapters. I'm working on it though. Hope you enjoy Azami meeting Inuyasha!
------------------------------------------------------------------
There he was.
Inuyasha with his dog ears and long silver white hair. I noticed his robe of the fire-rat. I had heard about that from my father, that it was immune to fire and strengthened the wearer slightly. Inuyasha's companions were weirder than I thought. There was a monk that seemed to be walking rather closely to a girl with a giant weapon in her back. I guessed she was a demon slayer.
Then there were two other demons. A cat demon with two tails, and a fox demon that was shorter and younger than I thought he would be. I could sense the girl beside Inuyasha was a priestess, but she wasn't dressed like one. She wore an odd green and white shirt with a matching skirt that came up way to high. She must not be from around here.
"I don't see why we gotta save the village. It isn't helping us find Naraku at all." Inuyasha grumbled.
"Well they offered us free lodging and food, so we had to take them up on their offer." The monk stated cheerfully. The demon slayer eyed him suspiciously.
"That better be all you were taking them up on Miroku." The demon slayer threatened. The monk, Miroku, smiled and rubbed his neck, his face slightly red.
"Whatever could you mean Sango?" He asked, his voice shaking slightly.
"What an idiot." The little fox demon on Inuyasha's shoulder commented.
"You said it." Inuyasha nodded in agreement. The two tailed cat seemed to be in agreement as well.
"What did the villagers say the demon was like?" The oddly dressed priestess asked.
"They said it looked like a huge mole with leaves covering it's back." Miroku answered.
"Apparently, it's been attacking the farmers and ruining crops." Sango added.
"I still don't see the point in helping them." Inuyasha grumbled. He stopped and stiffened before sniffing the air. I breathed in sharply and moved farther behind my tree.
"Inuyasha?" The priestess asked, looking concerned. Inuyasha hesitated before walking again.
"It's nothing." He grunted. I watched them carefully as they continued on the dirt path towards a huge forest. I glanced around before following behind them.
It wasn't long before they came upon a hole underneath a huge tree's roots. It was large enough for a couple small houses to be crammed inside. The scent from it smelt like dirt and blood. I guessed it was from the demon Inuyasha and his friends were looking for. The cave did look like it had been hand made by something large.
"Is this where the demon is?" The priestess asked. Inuyasha nodded. I crept closer to the before scurrying up the nearest tree and settling down on a branch.
"I can smell it." As soon as the words left his mouth, a huge mole erupted from the cave.
"Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted, pulling the priestess, Kagome, out of the way of the demon. The monk did the same for Sango too.
"Kilala!" The demon slayer shouted. The cat, Kilala, shifted into a huge cat with fangs and fiery feet. Sango and Miroku hopped onto the cat and floated a few yards from the demon.
"Are you okay Kagome?" Inuyasha asked Kagome. The priestess nodded.
"Shippo! Get Kagome out of the way." Inuyasha ordered. The fox demon, Shippo, scampered to Kagome's side and led her over to the bottom of the tree I was sitting in.
"You're as ugly as I thought you'd be." Inuyasha teased, taunting the demon. The mole screamed, causing the leaves on its back to flair up. The green leaves suddenly turned silver, as if they were metal, right as Inuyasha drew his sword.
"Tessaiga!" Inuyasha exclaimed, holding the sword out in front of him. The mole hesitated before hurrying away from the sword.
"Hey!" Inuyasha shouted. He ran after the beast and disappeared into the thicket.
"Kagome!" I watched as the two humans on the cat demon flew over to Kagome and Shippo.
"We're going to follow Inuyasha. Stay here with Shippo." Sango ordered before the both of them followed after Inuyasha. Shippo hopped on Kagome's shoulder and sniffed the air.
Get the shard. I froze at the sound of that voice.
"Who the heck?" I mumbled under my breath.
Don't waste anymore time Azami. The girl Kagome has the jewel shard on a necklace tied around her neck. Get it before the others get back. I swallowed and looked down at the human. Well, it was now or never.
"Ah!" Kagome and Shippo exclaimed as I dropped out of the tree in front of them.
"Who are you?" Kagome demanded, standing up.
"Don't make this difficult. Give me the jewel shard, and I won't hurt you." I stated flatly.
"What?" Kagome asked, shocked.
"I said give me the jewel shard." I repeated, taking a step closer.
"No!" Shippo exclaimed. "Fox fire!" He screeched. A blue flame came towards me, but I jumped back and yanked one of my daggers out before deflecting it. I glanced up to find the girl and the demon running away from me. I rolled my eyes before chasing after them. Within seconds I was in front of them. Kagome gasped.
"I tire of playing games," I groaned. Shippo hopped down from Kagome's shoulder and stood protectively in front of her.
"Fox-" the fox demon began, but I charged him. Before he could finish the sentence, I jabbed him once in the back and in the stomach. He froze before toppling over, paralyzed.
"Shippo!" Kagome exclaimed. She looked up at me in horror.
"Inuyasha!" She screamed. Oh great, she called the puppy dog.
"Kagome!" Inuyasha screamed in reply. Two seconds later, he was behind me, holding his sword towards me. The two humans appeared beside Kagome and got her and Shippo on top of the cat. They flew over to Inuyasha and landed softly.
"What did you do to him?" Sango demanded, holding Shippo's paralyzed body.
"Give me the jewel shard." I ordered.
"Not a chance," Inuyasha stated. "Wind Scar!" He yelled. I side stepped the attack and ran straight towards Inuyasha.
"What.." Inuyasha asked. I jumped over him and tackled the girl, Kagome. Within moments, I had one of my daggers pinned against her throat.
"How did she move you fast?" Miroku mumbled under his breath.
"Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted. "Let her go!" He ordered. I quickly grabbed the jewel shard from Kagome's neck. I breathed in sharply as a surge of power ran through me.
Very good. A voice said. My head snapped up as the sky grew dark once again, and the half demon floated down and stood between Inuyasha and me.
"Naraku," Inuyasha hissed. Naraku smirked and turned to me.
"You did well Azami. Now give me the jewel shard." He ordered, holding his hand out to me. I swallowed, hesitating. The power from the shard sent excitement and energy down my spine, making me stronger. Why would I want to give it up? And besides, my father was more trustworthy than this half breed.
"What do you plan on doing with it?" I asked.
"He wants to complete the Shikon Jewel and throw the world into chaos." Miroku stated.
"Give me the shard!" Naraku demanded. "Do you dare defy me?" I looked down at the shard in my hand. I had had experience with demon like this. Give them what they want, and they'll end up trying to kill you once they have it. I closed my hand firmly around the jewel shard.
"I believe I know someone who will find this shard very interesting, and as long as I have it, you can't hurt me." I stated. Rage filled Naraku's eyes.
"Why you little-" he began. I withdrew my dagger from Kagome's neck and threw it at Naraku, pushing the priestess away from me. Before Naraku could throw up a barrier, the dagger pinned him between his collarbone and his neck. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.
"I don't like your tone of voice." I stated, smirking slightly. Inuyasha and his friends stood in shock at my action while Naraku's face contorted in anger.
"Now if you will excuse me, I have someone to go see." I clasped my hand around the jewel shard and took off running away from them. The sky started to shake as if it was enraged, turning black, but I ran faster before disappearing all together.
--------------------------------------------
Kagome's POV
She hit Naraku.
She actually hit him. Inuyasha's mouth was just gaping open and so was everyone else's, including me. Right after the girl ran off though with the jewel shard Inuyasha tried to use the Wind Scar, but Naraku was clearly ticked off. The sky turned black and thunder rumbled in the sky before Naraku disappeared in a flash of lightning.
"Dang." Inuyasha mumbled under his breath, sheathing his sword. I hurried over to Shippo who was starting to sit up.
"Shippo!" I exclaimed. He shook his head and touched it softly.
"That hurt." He commented. I crouched down in front of him and looked over him to make sure he was okay.
"What's that?" Miroku asked, walking over to where Naraku had once stood. A dagger laid on this ground. The one the girl had thrown at Naraku. Apparently, Naraku had decided to leave it behind.
"I can't believe she hit Naraku," Sango commented, taking the blade gently from Miroku's hand. "I've never seen a blade like this before." She stated.
"Master Inuyasha!" A small voice shouted. I glanced over at Inuyasha as he smacked his neck, revealing a small flea.
"Myōga?" I asked, moving closer to him and Inuyasha. Shippo jumped onto my shoulder, seeming to be fully recovered from his injuries.
"What do you want?" Inuyasha demanded.
"Fine, don't ask about how I'm doing or-" he began but stopped when he saw Inuyasha glaring at him. "Anyway, may I see that blade." He asked. Sango and Miroku walked over to us and showed the flea the blade.
"Hmmmmm," Myōga mumbled.
"What is it?" Miroku questioned. Myōga turned to look at Inuyasha once more.
"That blade is rather old and was constructed by Tōtōsai." He reported.
"Tōtōsai?" We all repeated.
"Yes, but I'm afraid that's all I know. Tōtōsai would know more," Myōga stated. "So about the fight? Who threw the blade?" He asked.
"Some stupid girl." Inuyasha grunted, crossing his arms.
"Inuyasha's just jealous that she hit Naraku," I commented,
"I'm not-" Inuyasha began to argue.
"Anyway," I said, interrupting him. "It was a girl dressed in black, and only her eyes were visible." I continued.
"It was weird though. Her eyes were the same color as Inuyasha's." Sango remarked.
"Huh, I've heard of a mysterious girl like that running around." Myōga said. "Tōtōsai would probably know more." He added.
"Me, Shippo, and Kagome will go with Myōga to see Tōtōsai. Sango and Miroku, see if you can follow the girl." Inuyasha ordered. Sango and Miroku nodded before hopping onto Kilala and flying off.
"Get on Kagome." Inuyasha said. I got on his back before he took off towards Tōtōsai's forge.