Chapter One - Rumors

So hi! As you read before, this is my first fanfic! Hope you enjoy!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This smell.

It was odd. A mix between dog and human. Mainly human though. I had never smelt this anywhere. I had heard rumours of a half demon going around. I hadn't heard much about him though. Maybe the villagers in the closest town would know.

I dropped out of the tree I was sitting in and took off towards the nearest village. A couple of villagers were working in the fields, and they looked up at me with curious eyes as I passed by them.

"Excuse me?" I asked, gently tapping a villager's shoulder.  She turned around, revealing a wrinkled yet kind face.

" Oh dear! Don't scare me like that!" She woman chuckled, waving me off. "What can I help you with?" She asked calmly.

"I was hoping-" I began.

"Oh I'm sorry! You must come inside and eat! Then we talk." She said. She took my hand and dragged me into a small hut where she began to boil some tea.

"You must take your mask off to drink dear." The woman stated, handing me a cup of tea. I grabbed it carefully, trying not to burn myself. Without even thinking, I softly touched the black cloth that covered my face from the nose down.

"I don't think that would be wise," I remarked quietly. "Thank you though for the offer." I added. I set the tea down and breathed out slowly.

"So I was wondering if you have ever heard of the half demon Inuyasha." I said. The woman's face lit up like the rising sun. She clapped her hands together and looked dreamily above at the ceiling. I swear little pink hearts were circling her.

"He was so handsome yet scary that Inuyasha! He came in, swinging his sword around and vanquished the snake demon that's been plaguing our village for the past year!" She proclaimed. I had to stop myself from laughing at her outburst.

"Did he say where they were going or anything?" I asked. The woman hung her head down and shook her head.

"I'm afraid not Miss. They did seem to be heading west though." She commented. I nodded and bowed my head before standing.

"Wait, you're leaving now?" The lady questioned.

"I'm afraid so. Thanks for inviting me into your lovely home." I remarked. I started towards the door, but the woman stopped me with a question.

"I never did catch your name." She commented. I rested my hand on the doorway of her house and hesitated.

"It's Azami."
--------------------------------------------
So I do realize this chapter was short but the others hopefully won't be!!!! I love feedback and thanks for reading!!!!!! Also, sorry for any mistakes! I wrote this in a hurry so, yeah.