Chapter 8

Hazel's Point Of View

"She has Rabies," Dad says.

"What!" I yell.

"She has Rabies," he says again.

"Sawyer, she bite you," I say.

He just stares back with a blank expression. His skin is pale, very pale.

I take out my phone to look up what to do.

"It says that you would need to get vaccinated within 10 days," I say worried.

Sawyer is still silent.

"Sawyer, call your mom and tell her while I look for a way to cure Winter," Dad says, "and Phoebe, get Hope out of the pool. She can't be with Winter,"

"Um.. Uh... Okay," Sawyer says, worried.

"Okay,"
I take Sawyer by the arm and drag him outside to let him talk with his mom in private.

*****
"I'll see you then... Yeah.. Bye," he says as he puts his phone away.

"My mom's coming to pick me up," he says.

"Okay," I reply.

"Its not so much that I worry about me, I'm worried about Winter," he sighs.

"I hope you both get cured," I say.

Just then I spot a familiar van. Sawyer's mom's car.

"Bye," I say as his mom pulls up.

"Bye," he says, waving and getting in the car.

*****
Sawyer's been gone for a couple of hours now. I'm cleaning the main pool with this new kid Hunter. He's cool I guess. So is Ryan. But they're nothing like Sawyer. Sawyer is just..... Just... AMAZING!!! Nobody can replace him. Dad has Winter's appointment to get her, hopefully, cured set for Tuesday.

Hunter is cleaning on the platform right now. I'm cleaning the wall that connects to the east pool. We are almost done. He's a quiet person.

"So your kinda knew here right," I say trying to liven the conversation.

"Yeah," he says in his UK accent. And yes he is from the United Kingdom. Cute right? Wait HAZEL WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!!!!

"Why?" He asks. Snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Just wondering," I say as I finish cleaning the wall. I think we're done for today.

"Oh," he says finishing up cleaning the platform area.

"Well I got to get going," he says grabbing his stuff.

"Yeah, your working tomorrow right?" I ask.

"Yes," he says.

"Well, see ya," I say waving.

"Bye, Hazel," he says waving back and going through the entrance.

*****

It's 9:36pm right now. I'm in bed texting Sawyer to make sure he's alright.

 I'm in bed texting Sawyer to make sure he's alright

I turn off my phone for the night

I turn off my phone for the night. Hopefully I'll see Sawyer tomorrow. Maybe he'll be able to swim with Winter after she's recovered.

I take one last look at the clock its 9:57pm. I tuck the covers until it reaches my chin. Then I let sleep take over.

🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬🐬
Author's Note
Hey guys so I started school 4 days ago and just finished the first week (well Monday was Labor Day so I didn't have school that day). I'm sorry I haven't been as active on here as I would like but I have homework and other things to do. This chapter was a medium sized one it is 600+ words. If you got any ideas you want in this book Private Message me or Comment below.