1

We were finally back from the hell hole that was Oklahoma. Don't get me wrong, I loved meeting my aunts and uncles and grandparents but I hate horses, and dirt, and anything that leaves a stain. I slept in today, we all sort of did.

But then I was awake and I heard all these sounds. It wasn't voices and it wasn't the city it was like water rushing behind my ear drums, and a crackling fire. I whined. This happened a lot since I have been young.

Most of the time it was while I was trying to get to sleep, not when I was waking up. I always thought it was something to do with my heritage. You know, born to a werewolf couple but a witch.

I got up early since the sounds were getting louder. I stood up and suddenly I fell right back down, blacked out and woke up 20 minutes later. I tried getting up this time, the sound wasn't there anymore, but something felt different. I shook it off and grabbed an off the shoulder white dress and headed into the bathroom. I took a shower and came out dressed and refreshed.

I slipped on some sandals and went down stairs seeing Mark there with the paper in his mouth, two coffee cups in his hand and I just crossed my arms. "You know most dogs get smacked with a roll of paper." I said and he looked at me with a glare.

He mumbled something around the paper before setting the cups down and taking the paper out of his mouth. "I am not a dog, I am a wolf. I sort of feel sorry for the wolf that gets you as a mate." He said before picking everything up and then walking out, this time with the paper under his arm.

I got things together for my lunch and then walked out, ready to go to work. I felt like someone was following me after heading towards the bus but when I looked around I only saw a girl with, someone who seemed to be her older brother, and she was talking his ear off. Then an older woman with a walker was walking beside a younger man with a backpack on and I just shook the feeling off again before walking the rest of the way to the bus stop.

The bus only had a couple people on it so I could sit down. I got off when I was at the boutique I was going to be looking over for the day and walked in. "Hi, I'm Aurora Ames." I said to the girl who had the manager sticker on her shirt.

"Hello Ms. Ames, I am Margret, how was your morning so far?"

"Well I had a headache not too long ago but thankfully it is gone now." I said with a smile. "How about you show me exactly what you want to do." I said looking around. Two women were shopping, one was obviously knit picking and I just sighed wondering if that was the mother because mine did that all the time when I was a teenager.

Thinking about my mom made my heart hurt, but I turned away and smiled as Margret came back and handed a list. "This is the list that has all the orders on it. Go crazy." She smiled handing it over and I nodded and walked to the back of the counter. I started just highlighting my bosses dresses and then went around with my work phone picking them out. I checked them off and wrote the prices before being done.

"Excuse me... but I think if you are worried about what someone older would say but still want to look hot, get this one." I said pulling a little red number from the rack when the girl came towards me.

"Thanks. I've just been thinking about what my mother would say about everything... she passed about 6 months ago. I hate shopping alone." She said and I opened my mouth to say something about the woman who was just on the other side of the rack but she had gasped and came towards me.

"You can see me?"

"Yeah." I said slowly and looked towards the girl who smiled at me. "Well, don't let me keep you." I said going back to ignoring the older woman who was freaking me out as she got closer and closer.