Jane

I was forbidden to see Loki which was rude of Odin. Thor went to go see Heimdall earlier. I walked through the hallway just being bored sense I was forbidden from seeing Loki. As I walked I felt a presence behind me. I turned to see Odin. "What now?" I said.
"Alena please do not be upset with me for doing what I did. I did it to protect you. You know Loki is a criminal. I just don't want my dear daughter to be spending time with him before your birthday" Odin said calmly.
"I understand but I want to see Loki on my birthday. And before you make a comment there will be no stopping him coming to my birthday. Do I make myself clear?!" I said harshly.
"Understood" Odin said in shock at me from raising my voice at him.
"Good. Now don't think I'm upset with you father. Would you like to take a walk?" I asked kindly.
"I'd love to" Odin said as we walked down the hallway together. A guard rushed to us quickly.
"Sir. Thor has brought the mortal to Asgard" the guard said. Jane? Me and Odin rushed to the healing room. Jane was on the table and Odin turned off whatever that thing was called. Wow. I spent to much time on Mi- I mean Earth.
"My words are mere noises to you that you ignore them completely?" Odin said with anger laced in his voice.
"She's ill" Thor said.
"She is mortal. Illness is their defining trait" Odin said.
"I brought her here so we can help her." Thor said.
"She does not belong here in Asgard any more than a goat belongs at a banquet table" Odin said Jane sat up clearly offended by his words.
"Did he just..." Jane said as she looks to Odin, "Who do you think you are?"
"I am Odin. King of Asgard. Protector of the Nine Realms." He stated simply.
"Oh. Well I'm-" Jane said but he cut her off.
"I know very well who you are. Jane Foster."
"You told your dad about me?" She said smiling at Thor.
"Something's within her father. Something I have not seen" Thor said.
"Her world has its healers, they're called doctors, let them deal with it. Guards! Take her back to Midgard!" Odin orders. The guards approach Jane, Thor steps forward.
"No I wouldn't-" Thor began to say but was cut off by a dark red flash that zapped the guards back "touch her. Jane, are you alright?" Odin steps forward and runs his hand over Jane's arm. As he does so, her skin glows red.
"It's impossible" Odin said.
"The infection, it's defending her?" said a Healer.
"No. It's defending itself." I said.
"Come with me" Odin said as the three of us followed Odin to the library.
"There are relics that predate the universe itself. What lies within her appears to be one of them. The Nine Realms are not eternal. They had a dawn, as they will have a dusk. But before that dawn the dark forces, the Dark Elves, reigned absolute and unchallenged" Odin said as he carefully opens an ancient, beautifully illuminated book and selects a page. As Thor reads from it, the illustration moves.
"Before the eternal night, the Dark Elves come to steal away your light." These were the stories mother told to us as children."
"Their leader, Malekith, made a weapon out of that darkness, it was called the Aether. While the other relics often appear as stones, the Aether is fluid, and ever changing. It changes matter into dark matter, and seeks out host bodies, drawing strength from their life force. Malekith sought to use the Aether's power to return the universe to one of darkness. But, after eternities of bloodshed, my father Bor finally triumphed; ushering in a peace that lasted thousands of years" Odin said.
"What happened?" Me and Jane asked.
"He killed them all" Odin said.
"Are you certain? The Aether was said to have been destroyed with them, and yet here it is" Thor said.
"The Dark Elves are dead" Odin said.
"Does your book happen to mention how to get it out of me?" Jane asked.
"No. It does not" Odin said sadly closing the book.

I entered my mothers chambers seeing her speaking with a illusion of Loki. I watched as they started talking. "Odin continues to bring me new friends. How thoughtful" Loki said sending a chill up my spine.
"The books I sent, do they not interest you?" Frigga asked. I picked out most of them.
"Is that how I am to while away eternity? Reading?" He said, I thought he'd enjoy them.
"I've done everything in my power to make you comfortable" Frigga said as I joined her side.
"Have you? Does Odin share your concern?" Loki said.
Frigga says nothing
"Does Thor? It must be so inconvenient, them asking after me day and night" Loki said.
"You know full well that your actions brought you here" she said.
"My actions? I was merely giving truth to the lie that I've been fed my entire life. That I was born to be a king" Loki said.
"A king? A true king admits his faults. What of the lives you took on Earth?" Frigga said.
"A mere handful compared to the number that Odin has taken himself" he answered.
"Your father-" she started saying but was cut off by him.
"He's not my father!" Loki yelled losing his temper.
"Then am I not your mother?" She said.
Loki hesitates, realising that to deny Odin as his father, he must also deny Frigga.
"You're not" he states. Frigga forces a smile, but there are tears in her eyes. She steps closer to Loki.
"Huh. Always so perceptive about everyone but yourself." Frigga said.
Loki looks regretful. Shaking his head, he steps towards Frigga and moves to place his hands upon her own upturned palms. She slowly dissolves at his touch; she is only an astral projection. His illusion fades and mother turns to face me.
"You are very sneaky" she said smiling. That was the last smile I ever will see on her face.