Chapter Fourteen:Secrets and Screams (EDITED)

Comincia dall'inizio

I nodded as I cuddled deeper into his bare chest and his hold tightened around me. "Good night, Ariel."

"Good night Shane."

****
Unknown's POV

I watched as Ariel handled Greg from the shadows. I'm positive that I've chose the right mates to take my spot, but unfortunately, I'm required to test them. I sighed as I left. I knew I was getting weaker, but is it really worth it? What if they fail and fall apart at the seams?

I shook the thought out of my head. I have to do what I have to do. Period.

****

Greg's POV

I laid awake. I felt my wolf getting weaker and weaker. Slowly dying due to the fact that our mate had rejected us. Hopefully we find a new mate before it's all too late....

I drew in a sharp breath as another wave of pain ripped through my side and black dots blurred my vision. Moon Goddess, please help me. I whispered and silently prayed before the pain became too much and I passed out.
****

Ariel's POV

I woke up to the sun streaming through the curtains. Shane was still sleeping, and he still had a very firm grip on my body. I held my breath as I slowly started shimmying out of his grip. He shifted as he pulled me in tighter.

Well, this just got harder.

I continued until I was all the way free and Shane was cuddling with a pillow. I silently laughed to myself as I took a picture on my phone before I went in our closet and threw on some yoga pants before heading downstairs. I sat at the bar and ate an apple while I scrolled through Tumblr on my phone. A few minutes later Jess and Aiden came into the kitchen. "Hey Ari," Jess said as she and Aiden sat next to me.

"Hey guys," I smiled.

"So, uh, what happened with Greg last night?" Aiden asked.

I bit my lip trying to decide whether or not to tell them. It took a few more moments before I decided against it. It was his secret and his decision who he wanted to tell. "I don't know if I should tell you, I think it'd be better if Greg told you himself."

He nodded, understanding. "We need to go talk to him," Jess said as she stood up. "He might've been a pain in the neck, but he's still my cousin and I'm worried about him."

"Anything you want," Aiden softly said before taking her hand in his own and heading upstairs. All of a sudden, I was surround by black, causing my heart rate to increase and panic to rise in my throat.

"Guess who," My mate's voice softly said, causing me to relax.

"Shane," I laughed as I wrapped my fingers around his wrists and took his hands from in front of my eyes before facing him.

"Hey babe," he said as he kissed me. I smiled against his lips. This all felt right. This is exactly how mates are supposed to be.

Just then, a scream ripped through the house. I quickly pulled away and ran toward the direction that the scream came from: Greg's room. When Shane and I got there, Aiden was holding a sobbing Jessica and Greg was on the ground unconscious.

"What happened to him?!" I yelled as I crouched down and put his head in my lap, revealing a trickle of blood coming from his nose.

"I-I don't know!" Jess said, panic lacing her voice.

"We just found him in here like this," Aiden said with an equal amount of panic in his voice.

"Shane call the pack doctor!" I said as I put an ear to Greg's chest, a sigh of relief passing through my lips once I heard a heartbeat.

"O-Okay," Shane said, a bit shocked, but he quickly snapped out of it and his eyes glazed over.

"Help me lift him up!" I said to Aiden. He nodded before doing what I said. He gently picked him up and slung him over his shoulder.

"Careful!" Shane snapped. "That's my little brother."

Aiden nodded before gently repositioning Greg. Just then, the pack doctors rushed in. "Follow us," one said as she motioned for Aiden to follow her. He nodded before disappearing along with the mob of doctors and nurses.

Just then Zac stumbled in with his pajamas still on, but he had a scared look on his face. "W-Where are they taking Greggy?" He asked, eyes wide.

"He's getting a check-up, that's all." I calmly said as I picked him up.

"Why was he asleep?" Zac asked as his eyebrows pulled together.

"Greg was just really tired bud," Shane said as he ruffled his hair, causing Zac to visibly relax.

"Okay," Zac nodded. "Can we see him?"

"Soon," I said. "But first, let's get some breakfast." I didn't need to get Zac scared too. He was too young to be worried about this and I didn't want to add anymore stress in his life.

"How about pancakes?" Shane suggested, causing Zac's eyes to light up.

"Betcha can't flip it six times," Zac challenged, causing a small smile to grow on Shane's lips.

"Game on, little man."

****

Hey guys. I know this was a short update, but I promise longer and more action-filled ones are coming from next chapter on. A lot more drama, secrets, and surprises are in store for this book so stay tuned and please don't forget to share, vote, comment, and follow!

On another note, how do you like the cover I put at the top? Do you think I should use it? You think I should open a "cover shop"?

Okay, I'm done. (Cue sighs of relief.)

Love y'all-Jordan 😘

EDITED JULY 12, 2016