Chapter 2 - Plane Rides and iPods

My plane ride was actually quite peaceful and the annoying flight attendents all left me alone apart fom when I asked for a sandwhich a cup of cofee and two chocolate bars. I ate quite alot for anyone but my metabolism was amazingly fast thanks to my once-model mother. I also inherited smooth  skin and  the long slender arms and legsof a model which I used to my best advantage. I also recieved my mother's Caucasian sky blue eyes and blonde hair.I was grateful for all of the above but I also inheriteted my fathers strong opinion on everything and my day long sulks which were  from my mother. I went to the bathroom and checked my make-up in the mirrior. I sighed and whipped out my ever-present kohl and went over the lines on my eyes.

As I waited for my suitcase to come around I plugged in my i-Pod. I figured it was going to be a long journey so I pressed "shuffle" on my "Top Rated" playlist. I walked around looking for the man who should be holding up a sign saying "Granger" Yes, thats right my mother decided to pay for a hotel for me for my first two weeks in New York and since I wasn't allowed to know what hotel it was she had also hired someone to take me to the hotel. It was by far, the nicest thing she had ever done for me(apart from that time she brought me and Grant to Disney) Oh yeah, Grant was my bestfriend until my brother,  Elijah ,died, but thats another story . One I don't like boasting about because I gave as good as I got with Grant. I spot a middle-aged woman holding a sign with my name on it and I go up to introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Poppy Granger" I say extending my hand "Oh my! You shocked me a little dear" she exclaimed and shook my hand . "Oh my! Your'e stunning!" she said staring intently at my face. Two things I was sure about, 1. This woman's favourite words were "Oh my" and 2. I liked her alot.

The journey was'nt awkward as I had thought it would have been. I found out the woman's name was May and she just chattered on and on about how New Yorks' a big place and how I should learn to take care of my things when I'm out walking. I told May why I was out here (to clear my head before Uni and try and decide what I wanted to do with my life) and she told me she did the exact same as me but she found her now husband and married him instead of getting a job.I really liked this woman and when we were nearly there she gave me her mobile number and told me to call her if I needed anything. I really did like her. 

When we pulled up to a large marble building I guessed May was making a quick pit-stop so I plugged my earphones in as she got out. I heard the thump of the boot closing and looked out at May who had my suitcase on the hotel stairs leading to the entrance. "WHAT?" I screamed excitedly as I realised that this magnificent building was my home for the next two weeks. I clambered out with my backpack and just stared for what felt like hours. "Poppy? Are you just going to stand there with your mouth open or you actually going to check in?" she asked me. "I don't know how to" I mumbled. Yes, okay, I don't know how to check into a hotel. So what? It's not a big deal? I'm just used to my mom or dad doing it allright? Just drop it! "I'll do it if you like sweetie?" May asked me. "Thanks" I said, grateful she had'nt heard the argument I'd just had in my crazy little head. 

"Poppy Granger? Oh yes. Your'e in Room 179 sweetie" said the woman behind the counter. My first thought was "She wears too much make-up" when I saw her orange face but she was actually quite nice. I have a habit of making little notes about people when I first meet them. I wasn't overly proud of it but I never let it stop me from getting to know people."Thanks" I said with a smile and took my swipe key from her. I had gotten through checking-in with the help of May and it was crazy how proud of myself I was.

My room was gorgeous.Like ,absoluteley beautiful. It was all white marble and black furniture. My favourite two rooms: the bedroom and kitchen , had everything and more. My bed had a turquoise cover and throw and the pillows were feathered and a cream colour. It was amazing. It had a  vanity table (Yes!)a small desk, a large window that looked down on New York (oh yes,I must have forgot, I'm situated on the top floor!I have the whole floor to myself) and a WALK IN WARDROBE. I was in heaven. My wardrobe was about the size of a normal bathroom with one wall dedicated to what looks like shoes. The bathroom contained a walk in shower where water was sprayed at you from four different angles and a jacuzzi.The living room had an L-shaped couch and I can honestly say it was the comfiest danm couch I have ever had the pleasure of placing my bum upon.The T.V was like 70" (it was like a freaking cinema screen!) and HD. But the kitchen, OH.MY.SWEET.COTTONBALLS. The kitchen was imposiful (It's a word I made up: Impossibly + Beautiful = Imposiful ) It was granite worktops and a larder for heavens sake! The kitchen area was on a podium above the actual dining table and it had metal stools opposite the workplace. So it didn't matter if you were washing dishes or cooking up a stir-fry you could still maintain a conversation with someone. I loved it. May had helped me upstairs with my bag and helped me settle in. I sat down on the couch next to her and realised there were 5 other rooms I hadn't checked. What the hula hoops? I didn't need 5 other rooms? It was only me here? Unless May  decided to stay which I had already asked her to do. "Ummm....Poppy?" May asked. "Hmmm?" I said with my chin resting on my hand. "You've got a phonecall" she said handing me the phone which was usually beside the fridge(Oh yes, the fridge is fully stocked) "Hello?" I asked

"Ms. Granger, there has been a terrible misunderstanding with your room" said the woman whose voice I recognized as thewoman who helped me check in

"Oh yes? What's wrong with it? I love it ! Like seriously , I need to get your interior designer's number!It's amazing" I said.

"Oh why thank you Ms.Granger " she said

"Call me Poppy" I told her

"Well, Poppy, you see , the thing is , I apologise on behalf of the whole hotel, and managment are deeply saddened as this has never happened before I must assure you" she kept babbling on and on , apologising the whole time

"Seriously, what is it?" I asked her.

"Your room has been double-booked. You are going to have to share with 5 boys" she said quickly

. "5 boys? That's not so bad " I said jokingly. It would'nt be so bad .I could easily avoid them if needs be in this huge apartment.

"Yes, well I'm happy your'e taking it so well" she said relived.

"Whats their names? " I asked curious now

"Niall,Liam,Zayn,Harry and Louis" she said nervously

"Oh allright" I said.I thought I had heard them names before

"You don't seem too overwhelmed by the names?" she asked me.

"Why would I be overwhelmed? " I asked her, worried now.

"Well, because they're One Direction"