The camera moved over to the right side of the building. The window with the least damage came into view. From the angle, I could see no bars behind it.

                “There was a loud rattlin’ and they all started to climb in.” He continued, “I think they moved the back gate up.”

                The reporter nodded intently as if she was actually interested. I assumed she had heard this many times already for the earlier hours,

                “Then suddenly, some green blur slammed into the left side of the building.” The camera showed the left side with more damage. “A few gunshots went off. I think other people woke up at that. But then a black man—and I ain’t talking about skin. He was dressed in black—he walked out with one of the punks. He pushed the punk down on the ground roughly and went back in until all three of those guys were sitting out front.”

                “The police have allowed us to show just a brief clip of what Pete Vander just described to us.” The reporter said to the camera.

                The camera flicked over to a shaky video.

                There was deep breathing in the background, “Some—some little *beep* are messing around Ricardo’s. Police ain’t shown up yet.”

                The camera was looking out a window. It was roughly zoomed in on two guys slowly climbing into the building, avoiding the glass shards that jutted out around them.

                “They’re breaking in! *Beep*-ing kids.” He grumbled.

                Suddenly, a green blur shot out of the corner of the camera, running straight into the opposite side of the store. There was a loud crash as the glass cracked into the building.

                “Wha—what the *beep* was that?! Oh man, oh man, what the *beep*. What the *beep*!” Pete’s voice seemed frantic, fearful.

                The spoon slipped from my hands as my breathing quickened. I sat on the couch, eyes wide, unable to look away.

                The camera zoomed in close to the building, “Where did it go? Man, what was that? Oh man, oh man!”

                A foot appeared in the window as if to step out when the video cut short. The screen switched back to the reporter who stood alone now.

                “Three boys were indeed found outside of the jewelry store minutes later with their hands and ankles bound. They seemed to be unharmed, aside from a few cuts due to climbing through glass. It’s likely that these three boys are the thieves.”

                The camera moved to get the building in one more time.

                “This isn’t the first time a witness has reported to see a mysterious man at a crime scene. In all reported crime scenes, there has always been at least one person near it, tied up, that did in fact commit the crime.” Amy said, a small smile coming to her lips as she spoke the next line.

                “It seems that we have our own superhero in our town.”

                I grabbed the remote, turning the TV off quickly.

                I didn’t want to know the rest of the story.

                I didn’t need to.