Chapter 2

Niall’s P.O.V.

“He needs a girlfriend…” “You can’t keep making excuses to protect him!” “I feel bad…”

It’s not that I hadn’t heard everything they were saying, but I tried hard to just ignore what the girls and mates were saying. I guess a girlfriend would be alright. I didn’t feel lonely, although I wasn’t exactly popular either. You can’t force love though.

 I sat in the booth, fidgeting a little. Danielle and Kaitlin left us and Perrie and Eleanor were basically on top of Louis and Zayn. I tried not to gag as they came up for air from an exceptionally steamy make out session. Harry and Liam were going over wedding plans. I guess I was the only one without a relationship. The feeling of despair started to sink in.

I know what you’re thinking, Niall can’t be upset. ‘He’s a carefree mofo.’ But it was all hitting me now. They were right. I deserved to be in love.

“Nialler what are you thinking about?” Harry asked, finally paying attention to something other than love.

“Nothing…I’m hungry.” I grumbled as if it was the only thing on my mind.

“You’re always hungry, lad.” Liam laughed.

“No one ever feeds me!” I sighed.

“WE’RE BAAACK!” Kaitlin smiled with Danielle following behind.

“And we’ve got news…but it’s a secret at the moment.” Danielle grinned.

Oh great…they’ve come up with another scheme…I saw that look on all of the lads faces as well as El’s and Perrie’s. Shrugging, I let the girls keep it to themselves and smiled as the food approached. This was all I ever needed, friends and food. We ate and I tried my best to stay in this conversation. The smiles from everyone, told me that my acting skills had improved.

We all paid and the girls all walked beside me, with the other lads behind us. On the way home, a few fans stopped us for pictures, but as always they asked me to step aside. I tried to smile and pretend I wasn’t hurt on the side, but the girls all pushed me into the fan’s pictures at the last minute. To the fans dismay, I was in every picture. We walked down a more crowded street and the girls disappeared as more fans came up to us.

“OH MY GOD GUYS!” I saw a girl with blonde hair shout to her three friends.

“OH MY GOSH!” The second one with black hair, flipped out.

“NO WAY!” A third with dark red hair smiled.

“IT’S NIALL HORAN! EEEEEP!” The last one ran up to me.

 They all begged me for pictures pushing the other fans away. I realized it was the girls in wigs and sunglasses, when Eleanor whispered to play along.

“No!” Danielle frowned. “We don’t want a picture with YOU guys…just Niall!”

“Yeah, He’s like the hottest one anyways!” Perrie squealed.

“NIALL I LOVE YOU!” Kaitlin and Eleanor screamed as our picture was taken.

It wasn’t the real thing, but I felt special with the girls giving me attention. I watched as the other fans gawked and begged me to be in their pictures when the girls ran away again. It was a surprise, but I felt loved for once. The girls rejoined us as if they’d been there the entire time, and we walked home. I stopped the girls before they could go inside.

“I don’t care whose idea it was…but thank you. I love you girls; you are the best sisters ever!” I muttered, pulling them into a Horan hug.