Shawn Mendes - Part 1

"Shawn, I'm home!" you called out. You closed the door silently behind you and made your way to the dining room table. You draped your coat over a chair and set your bag on the table. "Shawn?" you called again.

You made your way to the kitchen to see if he'd left a note on the fridge. Seeing that it was empty of any notes, you made your way to the bedroom, thinking he might be taking a nap after a long day of recording.

"Shawn?" you asked pushing open the door. You looked around the room confused.

Suddenly your phone began ringing. You pulled it out to se Shawn's face on your screen.

"Shawn? Where are you?" you asked.

"Oh darling, thus isn't Shawn," a deep scratchy voice replied. I gripped the phone tighter and took a deep breath before responding.

"Who is this and where is Shawn?" you asked. You heard the man chuckle.

"Oh, he's here. I don't know if he's well enough to talk though."

"Put him on the phone," you instructed. You heard some shuffling in the background.

"Say hello to your precious girl, Mendes," the man said.

"(Y/N)?" Shawn asked quietly. Your eyes widened. He sounded so weak and scared, not anything like what you were used to.

"Shawn? Baby, where are you? What's going on?" you asked, anxiety starting to control your mind.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I love you more than you know," he replied.

"What? Shawn, what are you saying? Shawn, talk to me!" Your voice got louder and louder and before you knew it, you were sobbing. "Shawn?" you asked, defeated.

"Alright, time's up," the man from before said, his voice slightly muffled. "Listen here, missy," he growled into the phone. "Your boy has taken quite a beatin'. Tryna protect you and all. Now I'm gonna assume you don't want him seriously injured, or worse, so I'm going to give you some instructions, understand?" You took a couple shaky breaths to calm yourself before responding.

"I want a picture for proof that he's actually alive. For all I know you recorded his voice before you killed him," you demanded.

"Smart girl, but alright. I'm sendin' it now." You pulled up the message and tried to stay quiet. Sure enough, Shawn was alive, but how much longer he could be with them was another story. He had a busted lip, a bruise forming around his eye, a couple cuts - one on his forehead, the other on his cheek - and a bloody nose. You couldn't tell if he was bruised or bleeding anywhere else but you hoped to god there wasn't more.

"What do you want?" you managed to say. You heard the man begin to chuckle before turning into an almost boyish laugh. You became furious. "DO YOU THINK THIS IS SOME KIND OF JOKE?" you screamed into the phone.

"(Y/N), chill out, it is only a joke. Shawn needed time with the guys and we decided to play a prank on you. We had no idea your reaction would be this good. God I wish I had found a way to record your face." You heard more laughing.

"Guys, it isn't that funny," you heard Shawn say in the background.

"Come'n man, it was a little funny," another voice argued. You heard the phone being handed off to someone before someone talking again.

"(Y/N)? Baby?" Shawn asked, sounding worried. You wiped away the tears running down your cheeks.

"What, Shawn?" you replied, annoyed.

"Please don't be mad at me. I promise I didn't want anything to do with this prank," he pleaded.

"Fine whatever," was all you could say.

"I'm coming home now," he said. "And, (Y/N)," he paused.

"Yes, Shawn?"

"I love you."

Then the line went dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Part two will be up soon.
- Hope