Romance

I walked to the bedroom as soon as we got back to the cabin. I slammed the door shut and walked to the bed and collapsed down.

Maybe it was too soon to be jumping in to something so serious, I mean we're in Paris. Paris? Really?

I don't understand why this hurt so bad, the thought of Jason clearly still being in love with her was like a punch in the gut.

I wiped a tear that fell down my cheek and let out a sigh. I was feeling so miserable and down, all I wanted right now was to be home and in my own room.

A few minutes later, Jason walked in and shut the door behind him. "I apologise for how I reacted. It was not your fault and I can see where you're coming from." He sat down in the bottom of the bed.

"I get it. Listen, maybe this was a little too soon. We've went on holiday and we've not been together that long. Perhaps we should have waited."

"It's not that. I just feel like if you knew you should have mentioned it." Jason crossed his arms over his chest.

I rolled my eyes, "yeah but Jason, number one, she isn't your girlfriend anymore, I am. Number two, it's Lee. There's no point getting annoyed at it because it won't last. And number three, do you know how that makes me feel? You saying you wish I had told you hurts me. You shouldn't care." I took all my anger out.

"I apologise. It's not that I care for her like I did but of course I still don't want her to get hurt. I was in love with her." He reached out and took my hand in his but I yanked mine away.

Why does this need to happen to me? Why can't he just not care about her? Why did they have to be together in the first place?

"I think you still are a little bit in love with her." I murmured.

He shook his head, "I'm not in love with with her anymore, but love doesn't go away over night. But you, you are special to me and I really want to be with you." He moved closer to me in the bed.

"I want to be with you too but you need to just let her go, I'm not going to be second best to her. You understand that, right?" I whispered.

"Of course I do. Now let's get back out there and get some of they presents that we agreed on." Jason stood and I chuckled as I stood up and followed him out the room.

The first store we arrived at was MAC cosmetics. I was like a big kid when I walked in, my face was pure amazement like any other time I come here. Jason found this of course, very amusing.

I picked out a few lipsticks first, then a foundation and black eyeliner. "Are you wanting anything else?" He asked as we waited in the checkout line.

"No, this is perfect. Thank you." Wow I love Paris. All the worries from earlier just seemed to disappear.

The next shop we entered was a jewellery shop, I was straight to the necklaces to admire them. Jason's arm wrapped around my waist as we looked at them together.

"I love this one." I pointed to one the had caught my eye as soon as we walked up.

"We'll get that one then." He kissed my cheek and walked to the worker. "Could we buy the nine carat white gold necklace?" Jason asked the man.

He nodded, "of course. I'll just get that boxed for you."

After four more shops we decided to go to a supermarket and buy a few bits and pieces for the cabin just for tonight and tomorrow.

We then made our way back to the cabin and Jason carried all my bags in. "So are you happy with what you got?" He asked me.

"Of course. Thank you so much." I grinned.