30

Harmony

 Me and Zachary got into a little argument. I'll admit it was my fault but you can't blame me. Partially. That argument actually made us closer and we are growing more and more each day.

Flashback

We had just got back from the grocery store and we were fixing everything in kitchen, mind you I just gave birth to twins not to long ago and I'm not supposed to be on my feet. I was tippy toeing to put something on the cabinet and he seen me struggling so he tried to help me but, I declined his offer. I'm stubborn and independent. I don't like asking for help and he knows that.

He tried to grab the item out of my hand again and that's when I yelled "I GOT IT!". He looked at me and shook his head. He put everything down, grabbed his keys and started to walk out the kitchen heading for the front door. Me realizing what I did, I started yelling out his name.

"Zachary!Zachary stop! ZACHARY I'M SORRY !!" I yelled. He stopped and turned around. "Look I know I messed up. I know that, I've owned up to it. No I'm not proud of it but it's something I have to live with. I know I messed up our relationship, okay I GET IT! I'm trying. I love you and all but I need you to stop treating me like shit. I thought you were over the whole situation, why are you still pushing me away? If you don't want me around you just say that. I'll turn around right now and I'll never come back. Just tell me what you want Harmony." He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I don't want you to go. I'm sorry but I can't just let you in that easily. What if I let you in and then you mess up again? How does that make me look? I wanna forgive you but I just can't. I wanna trust you but it's like something in me won't let it happen! I love you and I'll try, seriously." I said.

He walked up to me and asked me a question. "Do you love me?". I looked down at the ground, he lifted up my chin making me look at him. "Yes" I said.

   "Can you trust me when I say I won't ever do something to jeopardize our relationship ever again. I can't lose you, I've learned my lesson. You don't have to answer this question today or tomorrow. I just want you to forgive me and I want you to know. Can you forgive me please?" he said.

I forgave him that day. I learned the meaning of forgiveness. 

  P.S :

To my readers,

If there are people or a certain person that you haven't forgiven for something that they've done to you; forgive them. Life is entirely to short to hold grudges, even if the person did you very wrong. It's always good to forgive but never forget. Even if you and the person don't talk or they ignore you. FORGIVE THEM. You'll feel better in due time. Trust me. Walking holding grudges doesn't make you happier. Forgive whoever it is. If you forgave someone and it made you happier or it made you feel better, inbox me. Let me know.