Part: 10

In Zeke and Sam's room, Jonah was treating Zeke's bullet injury. The rest of us were in the living room, quiet and waiting for the results of Zeke's treatment. Lara, Kat and Sam were on the couch, Nathan was at the dining table and Sullivan was smoking a cigar. I was near the TV and tapping my finger in my arm, growing impatient. Finally, Jonah came in and didn't have a happy look on his face.

Nathan Drake: How is he?

Jonah Mavia: I managed to remove the bullet but he is in bad shape. We won't know much more, until he awakens.

I felt real bad for what I did...I left them here, defenseless and Bertrand knew we came to this timeline and now, there was nothing I could do to change what has happened...however, there was ONE thing I could do. I stormed out of the house and met up with Laroche and his team.

Roscoe Laroche: What's the plan, MacGrath?

Cole MacGrath: We're going after Bertrand!

Roscoe Laroche: I was hoping you'd say that. we captured a breathing Militia pig for answers.

Cole MacGrath: Nice work.

Laroche led me to the militia, who was tied up to the tree. I began to torture him, not only to get answers from him but because of what he did to Zeke. He finally gave me my answers and Laroche and I made our way to Bertrand's location. He was hiding in a cave, where his Militia were outside...probably awaiting us.

Roscoe Laroche: There they are.

Rebel (1): No doubt, Bertrand is inside.

Cole MacGrath: Waiting for us, I suspect.

Roscoe Laroche: So, MacGrath...what's the plan?

Cole MacGrath: You and your guys can deal with the Militia. As for me...I'm going after Bertrand.

Roscoe Laroche: Sounds good. Boys, time to barbecue these pigs.

Cole MacGrath: Let's get this done.

Laroche and his boys went on one end of the Rocky alley and I went on the other. We were hoping to get the drop of the Militia but one of me got the drop on us. They sent a rocket shooting at us and we got hit. We were still alive but pretty banged up. I managed to heal them all and we got to the fight. Laroche and his men kept the Militia busy, while I chased after Bertrand. We were inside the cave and I was on his trail, the Militia continued shooting at me but I took them down, now Bertrand was cornered. I finally had him.

Joseph Bertrand: Hello, MacGrath. Been a while, hasn't it?

Cole MacGrath: Save it. I'm here for one reason and one reason only.

Joseph Bertrand: Yes, you wish to see my death.

Cole MacGrath: Damn right. And to make you pay for what you did to Zeke and the others.

Joseph Bertrand: You didn't care about them. I heard how much you wanted to leave them.

Cole MacGrath: ......

Joseph Bertrand: I know you, MacGrath. You say you care for others but you honestly don't. You care only of yourself.

Cole MacGrath: Shut up! That isn't true.

Joseph Bertrand: Face it, MacGrath. You and I...we are the same.

Cole MacGrath: I AM NOTHING LIKE YOU!!!

Joseph Bertrand: Foolish boy. You and I only care about what is important to us...to get what we want, no matter...

Cole MacGrath: Maybe I didn't show that I cared for Zeke and the others...but I've learned my mistake.