Part: 4

I waited until it was time to keep moving on but all I could hear was laughing and talking from them. Zeke and Kuo were getting along real well with this Nate and Sully guy. Seemed like they didn't even care about going back home. But I was so I chose to tell them that it was time to go back to New Marais.

Cole MacGrath: Alright, I'm done waiting around. When will we get back to New Marais?

Nathan Drake: Why don't you just keep your rubber pants on, alright?

Zeke Dunbar: C'mon, brother. This thing might not work right on the dot.

Cole MacGrath: If you two built this thing, then you can make it work.

Nathan Drake: For the last time, we didn't build it. Wolfe did.

Cole MacGrath: But you were there, when he did, right? So you must know how it works.

Victor Sullivan: Not exactly. You leave that to me. Nate isn't good with these type of things.

Nathan Drake: Ehehe, cute.

Lucy Kuo: Look, MacGrath, like it or not, were just going to have to stay here. Just until the machine is fixed. If they were around Wolfe, then he must've showed them a few tricks on how to work it.

Victor Sullivan: The lady is right. I saw how he worked this damn thing. Just sit back.

Cole MacGrath: Unbelievable.

Nathan Drake: Hey, pal. You're more than welcome to swim back to your little town. However, considering your electric, I guess that's out of the question, isn't it?

Cypress Fairchild Flynn: He is right. We'll just have to wait for a few days.

Outraged by the situation, I walked off, furious than I've ever been. I was stuck with these guys, waiting for that damn machine of there's to be done. The Beast was probably in New Marais already and Bertrand was trouble enough...at least we showed the town those photos of what he was doing...but will it be enough? Just thinking about this made me so angry...I didn't know what else to do. Out of anger, I shot a rocket from my hands and blasted through the palm trees.

Sam Nishimura: Wow, amazing.

Cole MacGrath: How long have you been there?

Sam Nishimura: Long enough to know what you are.

Cole MacGrath: ......

Sam Nishimura: So...your a superhuman?

Cole MacGrath: Where I come from, we're called "Conduits".

Sam Nishimura: Conduits? Got it.

Cole MacGrath: Why are you here?

Sam Nishimura: To try and cool you down. Zeke offered to go but I told him I could get you to listen to reason...or well, try, anyway.

Cole MacGrath: Look, all I want is to get back to New Marais and those two--

Sam Nishimura: They're doing the best they can. They're not use to that technology.

Cole MacGrath: I know...

Sam Nishimura: I know you wanna go back home but you'll have to wait.

Cole MacGrath: I don't have time to wait. My home is in trouble and I gotta get back.

Sam Nishimura: Trust me, Nate and Sully are doing the best they can to fix the machine.

Cole MacGrath: Yeah, I know...and without Wolfe, they can't be done any faster.

Sam Nishimura: Let's just head back to the island and wait there.

Cole MacGrath: Not like there's anything else to do.

We headed back to the island and returned to the others. Sully told us that the machine will be able to be used again but we'll need more power and a few tools to get the job done. So we set sail to the location that Sully said would have everything we needed. Since Lara, Jonah and Sam didn't have a ship of there own, Nate offered them to tag along with us. It was noon and the sun was beginning to set. I was too worried about getting home that I couldn't focus on relaxing. Zeke was with Lara and Sam, talking away about his life in Empire City, Kuo was with Sully and Nate, talking about her job and what she does for a living, Jonah was at the side of the boat fishing for...well, fish. And Cypress was with his family. Everyone seemed so peaceful and relaxed...except for me. The sooner I could get back to New Marais and stop Bertrand and the Beast, the better.

Lara Croft: Nate thought you might like a drink...to help you "ease up".

Cole MacGrath: Tell him, once I get back to New Marais, then I'll "ease up".

Lara Croft: Is it that important?

Cole MacGrath: It's all that matters. They have to be stopped.

Lara Croft: Who's "they"?

Cole MacGrath: It's a long story.

Lara Croft: We have time.

I explained my whole backstory to Lara. I told her about the Empire City explosion, me getting powers, the Ray Sphere and a man known as Kessler.

Lara Croft: Incredible. I can't believe you went through so much.

Cole MacGrath: It was a lot to deal with but I managed to pull through.

Lara Croft: Well, at least you and Zeke were together through it all.

Cole MacGrath: Yeah, well...sometimes I regret he was ever there.

Lara Croft: What do you mean?

I explained to Lara that Zeke betrayed me, when we went after the Ray Sphere together. He knew what a device like that could do yet he activated it to try and steal my powers and become superhuman. It didn't work and he gave it over to Kessler, in hopes that he could give him powers. And because of his foolishness, I lost the girl I ever loved...my girlfriend Trish.

Lara Croft: Oh my god...

Cole MacGrath: It's only thanks to him that I lost her.

Lara Croft: But...I'm sure Zeke had a reason for--

Cole MacGrath: Zeke got greedy and because of that, I lost her. I can't forgive that...

Lara Croft: Many things can't be forgiven, in life but losing a true friend is the real loss.

I couldn't except what she was telling me...I told her that I was tired and needed some rest. I couldn't bare to talk more about the past. And Zeke could've bare to overhear about the past. Lara could see the look on his face and saw that it bothered him...yet it should, he's responsible.