Part: 3

We finally made it back to Lara's camp and we met her crew. There wasn't much. But she only had two people with her. One of them was a young woman and seemed to be the same age as Lara. Her dark hair fell just short of her shoulders and turned slightly auburn when the light touched it. She wore a brown leather jacket with a zipper running down the front that she left open to expose a black T-shirt with a white emblem stretched across it. Over her shirt resting on her hips was a braided belt. She also had tan skinny jeans with some wear and tear on the lower thighs and knees and large pockets on both of her sides. And she was wearing ankle high black boots with a strap of the same color pulled around each shoe. Lara said her name was Samantha Nishimura. For the other stranger, he was a large heavy guy.

He was a fairly plump looking man but at the same time had a strong physique. His head was shaved on both sides but his black hair grew long down the middle and was tied back in a pony tail. Stubble covered the space underneath his nose trailing down to his chin. Wrapped around his neck was a sturdy string with seven round beads hanging from it and draping over his bright red shirt which read "XL bucks nz rucby" with a outline of mounted deer antlers on it in white. His shirt had no sleeves and the seam at the bottom started to unravel. He wore tan cargo shorts with two pockets on each side, a fabric brace covered his right knee and a tattoo covered his left and continued down to his ankle, he had a tattoo to match running down his left shoulder to his elbow. These tattoos we're a combination of spirals and vines and abruptly stop on each end. Three bracelets of the same color rested on his right wrist, one of witch was thicker than the rest. A leather strap was wrapped around his chest and carried a gun that draped over his back. He wore dark colored sandals (or flip flops, whatever you want to call them) with a striped pattern on them. Lara said his name was Jonah Mavia.

Lara Croft: Sam, Jonah. I'm back.

Sam Nishimura: There you are. It's about time.

Jonah Mavia: I see you made new friends.

Lara Croft: Yes. This is Cole MacGrath and Zeke Dunbar.

Cole MacGrath: What's up?

Jonah Mavia: You guys lost as well?

Zeke Dunbar: In a way, yes.

Cole MacGrath: You guys in need of help?

Sam Nishimura: You could say that. Our boat has a pretty bad hole, on the side.

Zeke Dunbar: Yeah, looks really bad.

Jonah Mavia: Is it fixable?

Zeke Dunbar: Sadly, no.

Sam Nishimura: So were stranded here?

Zeke Dunbar: Well, you guys can come back with us. Our pals Nate and Sully are fixing there boat and we'd be more than welcome to give you a ride.

Cole MacGrath: Zeke, I don't think...

Jonah Mavia: We'd really appreciate it. Thank you, Zeke.

Sam Nishimura: Yeah, your a real hero.

Zeke Dunbar: Well, I try to tell people.

Jonah Mavia: Where is this boat of yours?

Zeke Dunbar: This way, follow me.

Zeke wasn't always the brightest person nor the smartest. He made a lot of dumb choices...and this was one of them. Allowing more people aboard the boat, when we had enough to deal with. I had to get back to New Marais and find the remaining Blast Cores so I could take down the Beast. This day couldn't get any worse. When we got back to the beach, Nate and Sully were talking with Kuo and Cypress. They weren't working on the machine, so I suspected them to be done with it.

Nathan Drake: There you guys are. I'm glad you made it back.

Cole MacGrath: What's the word on the machine?

Victor Sullivan: Well, the good news is that is still usable. The bad news is that it still has some problems with it and it'll take some time for it to be used again.

Cole MacGrath: Great...

Jonah Mavia: Sullivan, Drake. It's good to see you again.

Nathan Drake: Jonah?

Sam Nishimura: Don't forget about me.

Victor Sullivan: Hey! It's good to see you again, Princess.

Cole MacGrath: I take it you know these two as well?

Nathan Drake: Yeah, we do. They're also friends of ours.

Cole MacGrath: So I see. Anyways, how long until the machine is ready to be used?

Victor Sullivan: Who knows. We used a lot of juice to activate it. Well need to re-power it so we can get it to work again.

Cole MacGrath: Alright, then let me do so.

Nathan Drake: Not the best idea. This requires a LOT of power. And if you try to charge it again, you'll be completely drained and...well, who the hell knows what'll happen to you, after that.

Cole MacGrath: What the hell else can we do then?!

Victor Sullivan: I'll figure something out. For now, you guys can relax and enjoy yourselves.

How the hell was I suppose to enjoy myself? The Beast could be in New Marais right now, the people are powerless against it and Bertrand was still out there, causing even more damage. Zeke and Kuo sure as hell didn't seem so worried. I don't think they even cared to go back. Instead of stressing over it, I sat at the bar and got beer and just drank the time away. Hopefully, that was enough for me.